Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any ideas to try for wild, heat-free curls to go see Brave this weekend?

Length
    1.5"/32"/45"
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Any ideas to try for wild, heat-free curls to go see Brave this weekend?

ok well sooo this is kinda like brave hair - eeeee so wanna see it

results from taking out synthetic dreadlocks- blanket stitch braid you can learn how to here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxG6U-WuD_E

you could braid onto rags or spongy noodle rollers?

i braid deadlock into dry hair with not excessively oiled ends (enough to moisturise and keep them smooth to avoid frizzys and breaking from rubbing) and i wear them about 3 weeks
    but you could braid damp hair up this way sleep on it and take out next day when dry

just for contrast pic of my hair not fresh out of dreads

answer, no i dont get damage or breakage - i am gentle with my hair the worse i get is my hair tends to stay in sections for several days even with washing and moisturising

and just for fun hair in the dreads

Jack of All Braids meishkamooshka's Avatar
    Length
    APL/Waist/Long!
    Type
    2a/F/M/iii

Default Re: Any ideas to try for wild, heat-free curls to go see Brave this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Anywhere View Post
    I was going to suggest doing twists or rope braids. like so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP3k1t0LjQc
    ^ Those curls turned out great! And they look really close to the Brave girl's!

Can I call this hip?
    Next stop: BCL!

Jack of All Braids meishkamooshka's Avatar
    Length
    APL/Waist/Long!
    Type
    2a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Odonata View Post
    ok well sooo this is kinda like brave hair - eeeee so wanna see it

results from taking out synthetic dreadlocks- blanket stitch braid you can learn how to here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxG6U-WuD_E

you could braid onto rags or spongy noodle rollers?

i braid deadlock into dry hair with not excessively oiled ends (enough to moisturise and keep them smooth to avoid frizzys and breaking from rubbing) and i wear them about 3 weeks
    but you could braid damp hair up this way sleep on it and take out next day when dry

just for contrast pic of my hair not fresh out of dreads

answer, no i dont get damage or breakage - i am gentle with my hair the worse i get is my hair tends to stay in sections for several days even with washing and moisturising

and just for fun hair in the dreads
    Seriously amazing hair!

Can I call this hip?
    Next stop: BCL!

Length
    5/19/35
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I second paper bag curls, really tight & small sections. Mousse or salt spray would work great for hold.

Odonata your hair is amazing! Love the colour
    "Now she's walking through the clouds with a circus mind thats running wild..." www.cafepress.com/Littlewingsdesigns

Length
    23.5/29/Hmmm
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

ONODATA!

o_O

Oh, wow! That is gorgeous! I have to try it first! How thick are the dreads you use? Doing it with rags should be good.
    Last edited by Eirelin; June 19th, 2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong post; oops!

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Try this! Just use smaller sections. This girl has a handful of "heat-free" curling tuts as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAPHSAPshJE&feature=plcp
    Long-haired, cat mom, and proud of it!
    =^..^=
    _( m )~~ <3

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I want to curl my hair with baby wipes per this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5T6JyPzeqE but am wondering....do baby wipes have silcone in them? I don't use a lot of cones, but if baby wipes are full of them, maybe normal rag curls are better for me....
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    SL/SL+/TBL??
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I don't think they have cones but I do believe some have alcohol, which can be very drying.
    Lady Brave, the Not So
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by brave View Post
    I don't think they have cones but I do believe some have alcohol, which can be very drying.
    Oh thanks! I actually ended up not using the baby wipes...too small for the big sections and curls I wanted (my hair ends up being too much for the wipes even when in small sections...darn it). I'm now sitting here about to go to bed with five socks in my hair hoping for some big curls.....
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Sober Lush Extraordinair AnqeIicDemise's Avatar
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

rag curls? My hair always comes out wild and crazy with rag curls. Its why I prefer bandana curls/waves.

eye haelp mama kiep londry waerm.
    BSL|WSL | HP | not quite there CL |
    Moonstruck Tresses