Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PANTENE why do hairdressers says its bad for hair???

Default PANTENE why do hairdressers says its bad for hair???

This always confuses me and then I read on here that a lot of you knowledgeable ladies use the ice shine pantene and love it (another thread I read) but hairdressers say its full bad ingredients - these are some of the comments I have heard from hairdressers in the past - don't use it its full of liquid glass!!! huh!! don't use it cause it builds up plastic on the hair and stops hair dye taking and also its full of waxy deposits and ruins your hair!!

why do they say these things???? I have used it and currently have a bottle of the aqua light shampoo and the repair and restore conditioner and none of the above evils have happened when I have used it?? I haven't used it daily though probably due to the fear instilled in me by hairdressers forecasts of doom in the past lol
    Last edited by templeofvenus; June 17th, 2012 at 06:22 AM.

may the forks be with you faellen's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: PANTENE why do hairdressers says its bad for hair???

Because they want you to buy their own products. Well, that's been my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by faellen View Post
    Because they want you to buy their own products. Well, that's been my experience.
    lol yeah thats probably very true!

Length
    SL/APL/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i

Ooh I don't know, I've heard lots of hairdressers (including my current one who doesn't sell hair products) say this. Because of it, I haven't used it in years. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread

Shoulder Length > APL > BSL > APL > Between Chin + Shoulder > APL > BSL > Mid Back Length > Waist
    50 book challenge 2014 ^^

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

They want you to buy salon products instead (^(oo)~)
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by templeofvenus View Post
    none of the above evils have happened when I have used it?
    So don't worry about it? If it works for you, stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post
    So don't worry about it? If it works for you, stick with it.
    exactly its just that when people say things like this to you then it makes you wary and you think maybe you are doing unseen damage! I figure that surely if it was that bad it wouldn't be on sale would it! plus I often see people with lovely hair when I am out shopping tossing bottles of pantene into their shopping baskets without a care in the world!

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    3a/M/i

Apparently Pantene "cheat the appearance of hair health and shine by coating the hair with silicone" if I remember correctly.
    Now I don't know if this is always a hairdresser trying to sell you something, because this was enforced by the hairdresser aunt of a friend of mine, and I am not going to assume outright aunts are trying to sell products to their nieces.. but maybe even their hair school is enforcing it.
    Last edited by ariesfairies; June 17th, 2012 at 06:29 AM.

Aiming for Tailbone by the time I graduate university 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ariesfairies View Post
    Apparently Pantene "cheat the appearance of hair health and shine by coating the hair with silicone" if I remember correctly.
    Now I don't know if this is always a hairdresser trying to sell you something, because this was enforced by the hairdresser aunt of a friend of mine, and I am not going to assume outright aunts are trying to sell products to their nieces.. but maybe even their hair school is enforcing it.
    true!! but you know what gets me? they say this about the silicones but when you look at the expensive salon brands they do sell they are chock full of silicones?!?!?! I just don't get it maybe they are taught this in hairdressing colleges to install fear into clients so they buy expensive brands!!

warm weather enthusiast mrs_coffee's Avatar
    Length
    PIXIE/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

I just went back to Pantene because they brought back Ice Shine. I love it. It makes my hair so soft and shiny and I have never noticed waxy build up from it. Usually if a product coats my hair I notice a big difference after clarifying. Everyone's hair is different, of course, but Pantene has never done anything bad to mine.