Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair in a Baggy Horror Stories!

Length
    ??/32/??
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii

Default Hair in a Baggy Horror Stories!

Okay today was my first time doing henna. The people mowed the lawn and a rock flew threw the side of the pool and I ended up in Walmart with a bag on my head, hot sweaty and dripping henna. The checkout lady grabbed me some paper towels (God Bless her!) I said I had to leave the stuff on for four hours and she asked what it was. I told it was henna, it was suppose to turn it red and straighten it in one fell swoop. She looked at me like I had lost my ever loving mind. I joked, "If you see me and I have beautiful red hair, you'll know what did it!" Anyone ever just have to go out of the house with your hair in a bag??? With deep treatments and things, its happened to me before. With henna, I can see me sporting a bag even more. Come on, tell your bag horror stories!

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hair in a Baggy Horror Stories!

I don't henna but my oiled up, SMT'ed or Manic Panic'ed hair is only for inside the house

I did go to the grocery once or twice right after I did a deep oiling. I put on big sunglasses and kept my head down I kept thinking to myself "My hair really isn't gross people, I put the the oil in to help it..I swear!"

Length
    ??/32/??
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii

I live in the south and growing up it wasn't out of place at all to see black people at the grocery store or at a convenience store with a treatment in their hair and sporting a bag. I felt so bad the first time I had to go the convenience store sporting a baggy. White girls just don't do it! I must have had $18 worth of henna on my head today, no way was I gonna wash it out and try again tomorrow.

Length
    ??/32/??
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii

Just great. 71 views and I am the only one who has run out with my hair in the plastic cap! Unbelievable. LOL! Oh, well.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Well, I haven't worn a henna baggy out, but I have hennaed in a relatively public place before. I belong to an outdoorsy club that has a lake and is fairly relaxed. We're all friends there. So I mixed up henna and put it on, so I could lounge in the sun there and let the henna marinate. I hennaed a friend's daughter that day, too. Her father declared us all to be insane and informed us that it looked like we were smearing goose poop on our heads.

By the way, rinsing henna out in the lake worked fantastically well.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    Neck/APL/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I did, i just pot wool cap over it

Length
    sl/APL/wl+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

I walked my dog with a DT, covered with a shower cap and a fuzzy homeknit cap, on, past a lot of fancy wine bars.
    Lady Cuilpantiel Of The Raven Tower in the Order of the Longhaired Knights.
    The Few, The Proud, The Vaguely Creepy

Length
    21.5"/40.2"/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

OMG never the henna. I would leave a poopy trail of mucky behind me. I basically impersonate a grumpy statue for 5 hours lol.

No but seriously props to you for doing it anyway.

I have gone out with: half orange, half yellow bleach fried hair. As well as massively over oiled hair.
    1b/F/M/iii APL~BSL~MBL~WL~Elbow~Hip~BCL~TBL 40" Finally!

Length
    Buzz/37.5/35??
    Type
    2b/M/ii

The last time I hennaed my hair I needed to take my DD to her martial arts class. Since I knew in advance I would be going out with henna paste in my hair, I wrapped it tightly with plastic wrap, and then tied a black scarf in a decorative way to hide all the mess. It worked great, so it's not a horror story at all.

My hair horror stories typically involve my natural part (on the back of my head) becoming visible during the day unbeknownst to me.

Length
    16/30/40
    Type
    2a/C/ii

I have a big floppy hat and I mix my henna thick.

I wanted to try rinsing in a lake this week. So I went to the public beach area and oh so slyly swam out to the deep end with my floppy cap on. Took it off and rinsed. No one looked at me in any particularly weird ways, so I may continue that method during the summer months. It was so much faster! But there was an element of "Oh my god I can't believe I'm doing this in public!"

-Tiff
    Joined LHC at 29" - Currently 30" - Dream of 40"