Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hairdresser cut my bangs too short...

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Hairdresser cut my bangs too short...

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Actually, I think they look quite nice! I was expecting to see bangs that had been cut to about half the forehead or something like that. If you're not happy with them, they'll grow in no time, at least they're not short-short.
    Aww, thank you! Yeah I hope they will be. I've had much worse...like they couldn't cut them any shorter otherwise they'd stick right out kinda bad!

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    You must remember not all hair dressers are crappy and evil. I'm not! And not all hair dressers straighten the hell out of everything.
    They should know that bangs will bounce up so they shouldnt pull them so straight. Did you tell her they were too short? Its best to tell them what is wrong so they know where they went wrong and will maybe be more cautious next time.
    Although it sucks they are a little too short, bangs feel like they grow very very fast. In a few weeks you won't know the difference.
    And you said it was free? I guess I could see a hair dresser not taking as much time because they are not benefiting from it. But that is silly, because you should always take a little bit of time if need be.
    I'll have to say cutting bangs is almost my least favorite thing to do. I can do it nicely but its hard because the bangs are at the front of the hair and the hairdresser in most cases doesn't know you to the T and does not see you everyday. So it is hard to picture what some one would do to their hair everyday when you don't know them too well.

** saw the pic, I think they are cute **
    I know not all are evil and bad, haha. Yeah I see your point. It's a bit awkward!

Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you all don't think I look silly! People will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    LOL I actually think it looks really cute on you! Shows off your lovely eyes and eyebrows.
    Aww thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unofficial_Rose View Post
    Do they do that now? This is a bad thing, in my opinion - it's much better to cut to the hair's natural shape, especially for anyone without straight hair. Makes me even more afraid to visit the stylist.

OP, I agree that straightening a fringe every morning is a PITA. Especially since I get halfway to work and wonder if I've left the straighteners plugged in.
    Haha....yes me too. Luckily mine have an hour cut off so I know I won't burn the house down if I do leave them on!
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Your bangs look cute. I used to be a hairdresser though, and if you don't want your hair to be straightened or dryed say something! Even if the stylists starts to do it just tell them to stop its no big deal. The majority of people who walk into a salon like their hair to be "styled" which with the majority of people means to dry and straighten,unless told to do something else. But all in all, your bangs look good to me.

ON MY WAY TO WAIST

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Ahh they're not too bad I think you'll find that, being bangs, they'll grow pretty fast! I remember a friend cut my bangs during a textiles class at school and they were really short!! Haha. I thought they looked horrible but everyone said they looked "really cute", however I do recall that they grew back to normal fairly quickly, so it was all good.

Another friend tried cutting her own... but kept getting them crooked so she kept cutting... and cutting... and by the time we saw her they were less than an inch long and stood straight up .

So yeah, it could be worse .
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Unofficial_Rose View Post
    Do they do that now? This is a bad thing, in my opinion - it's much better to cut to the hair's natural shape, especially for anyone without straight hair. Makes me even more afraid to visit the stylist.
    Well, the issue is, I believe they need to be cut wet or straightened, because your natural wave will be a bit different every day.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Carissamarie08 View Post
    Your bangs look cute. I used to be a hairdresser though, and if you don't want your hair to be straightened or dryed say something! Even if the stylists starts to do it just tell them to stop its no big deal. The majority of people who walk into a salon like their hair to be "styled" which with the majority of people means to dry and straighten,unless told to do something else. But all in all, your bangs look good to me.
    Thanks.
    I will try to be more communicative next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerise View Post
    Ahh they're not too bad I think you'll find that, being bangs, they'll grow pretty fast! I remember a friend cut my bangs during a textiles class at school and they were really short!! Haha. I thought they looked horrible but everyone said they looked "really cute", however I do recall that they grew back to normal fairly quickly, so it was all good.

Another friend tried cutting her own... but kept getting them crooked so she kept cutting... and cutting... and by the time we saw her they were less than an inch long and stood straight up .

So yeah, it could be worse .
    Wow, that's a pretty epic fail! Haha. I think I'm lucky now

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Well, the issue is, I believe they need to be cut wet or straightened, because your natural wave will be a bit different every day.
    Surely though it would still be best to but it when your hair is au naturel if that's how you wear your hair?

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by joflakes View Post

Surely though it would still be best to but it when your hair is au naturel if that's how you wear your hair?

I think the idea is that if you ever want the hem to be even, it has to be cut while straight. If your bangs have curlier spots they would look something like this : SSlllSlSllS so if you were to straighten it later, or your hair were to wave slightly differently when you wash it next, it will be all uneven. Does that make sense?

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post

I think the idea is that if you ever want the hem to be even, it has to be cut while straight. If your bangs have curlier spots they would look something like this : SSlllSlSllS so if you were to straighten it later, or your hair were to wave slightly differently when you wash it next, it will be all uneven. Does that make sense?
    hmm, I guess so!

Type
    2c/F/M/i/ii

i think for every hairdresser it takes some practise to get bangs right. Especially with wavy hair I'd probably cut a cm less than what the client actually asked for and then if its too long you can always just cut some more but once you cut it too short there's really nothing you can do. well, apparently theres some special fake clip in bangs that you can buy but probably not worth it as it would grow out and look a lot better in a couple of weeks

Length
    Chin/APL/BSL/W
    Type
    2a/C/iii

I used to have a wonderful hairdresser who would take my natural texture into consideration. She would wet my hair and comb it kinda straight and then cut. She wouldn't blowdry it or anything. My hair dries fast, so by the time she was done cutting it was just about dry anyway and looked great with my natural waves.

She was awesome. That was one of the worst things about moving. Now my hair-cutting team is me and DH.

The nice thing about bangs is that they grow back pretty quick. Until then, you could either pin them back, wear a headband, or straighten them in the morning.
    Lady Scarlet of the Whispering Philosophes in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    awl/tb/cl
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Sometimes it sure feels hair salons do all they can to hook you into constantly coming back. Not in the good,satisfied customer way. I think they like to satisfy short hairs:but us longhairs are dangerous. Too satisfied & quick to never return. If they can make us less content with our hair/but not totally furious with themerhaps we will start coming in on a regular basis:to see if they can correct the wonkiness.
    The Wonkiness They Created, mind you.
    Lol,and God bless the wonderful stylists who are out there.
    But it sure feels true.
    Reminds me of nail salons:the sudden silence,and then half hour of angry. Foreign language chatter if you walk into your regular salon and say all you want is a soakoff, period;natural nails after. No replacement of your tips.