Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminal length? :(

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Default Terminal length? :(

I was looking through some old photos just now and came across this picture I took back in 2011 at the beginning of December. I compared it to a picture I took today and realised that my hair has probably stopped growing. Do you guys think my hair has reached terminal length? I'm so miffed about this I wanted knee-length hair so badly.

This is now:

This is from December last year:

Length
    17/29/35
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Terminal length? :(

I don't think so-- I really think hair has different growth cycles, where it's just slower some years than others. You should not worry-- just take good care of your hair and I think it will start getting longer- it just may be in a bit of a lull. I went through a coupl eyears where it didn't do much of anything and then started growing again, and now it started slowing doing- so i don 'tthink anything to worry about at all!

Length
    21.5"/40.2"/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

I read somewhere that hair can stall for more than 6 months. So IDK, I would wait it out some more. Its beautiful btw.
    1b/F/M/iii APL~BSL~MBL~WL~Elbow~Hip~BCL~TBL 40" Finally!

Length
    sl/APL/wl+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

You've probably just hit a stall, maybe try a bit of a routine shake up, see if that helps?
    Lady Cuilpantiel Of The Raven Tower in the Order of the Longhaired Knights.
    The Few, The Proud, The Vaguely Creepy

On the hunt for terminal. SerinaDaith's Avatar
    Colorado is my physical home but I spend a lot of time in my mind. It's safer that way.
    Length
    .5 in/.5 in/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

You have beautiful hair, I can only hope that if terminal length is not a myth that mine will go that long before it says no more. The absolute longest I have gotten my hair is BSL before it seems to stall out Good luck growing!
    Lady Seredhiel in the Order of the Longhaired Knights. Current body mark: BSL+, Goal length, terminal.No trims in 2013. Henna head. Crazy craft guru.Crunchy Mommy.

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I don't think that you are done growing
    How is the condition of your ends? Please correct me if I am wrong but it almost looks to me like they may have a little damage? It is possible that your hair could be growing but then snapping off at the ends so you don't really notice the change.
    Your hair does look much thicker in the now picture. Maybe it is because the hair is straight in that one but it still really does look like it
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    22/31/36
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Are your ends damaged? Perhaps they are breaking off? If you look at your ends and you see white dots or split ends that's probably the reason your hair isn't showing visible growth. Their are plenty of people with shoulder length hair that swear that shoulder length is the farthest they can grow. Of course they straighten, dye, tease and mess with their hair every day...

Usually if you don't grow for several years then you can say that you've reached terminal, one year is usually not enough.

And your hair color is quite striking, I did a double take when I saw your age. Is it natural?

Length
    22/31/36
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    I don't think that you are done growing
    How is the condition of your ends? Please correct me if I am wrong but it almost looks to me like they may have a little damage? It is possible that your hair could be growing but then snapping off at the ends so you don't really notice the change.
    Your hair does look much thicker in the now picture. Maybe it is because the hair is straight in that one but it still really does look like it
    Great minds think alike. I agree that her ends look like they are dry and possibly damaged (you still have pretty hair) but I can see breakage.

I would suggest using hair scissors and Feye's self trim and take off the damaged bits.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I agree - check the ends. A trim may be in order.

But it's not time to worry. Six months is not that long of a time, especially in the winter. Also, I've seen a few people who seemed to be at terminal length for years start gaining length again.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Thanks for your comments on my hair.

I never trim my hair so yeah the ends are pretty damaged and look a bit scraggly, like in the first photo. I guess I should go get it trimmed.