Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hairdresser cut my bangs too short...

Length
    22/33/36
    Type
    2c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Hairdresser cut my bangs too short...

When my bangs were shorter, I always straightened them, and honestly they grew about twice as fast as the rest of my hair anyways, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just straighten them until the are long enough to style and then don't go back to that hairdresser ever again!

I've learned to be very specific when I go to my hairdresser. The last time I went in, I looked down at the floor and to my surprise, it looked like she hadn't taken anything off at all! Guess I just needed a very small trim to even everything up! Find someone you trust and stick with them!
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    apl-bsl-waist-hip

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by alwayssmiling View Post
    I trim my own. I have recently started using this twist method http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECkWlCUtJhs. with great success.
    Thanks for posting the link, looks perfect
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3b/F/ii

Aww, I'm sorry .
    I had bangs for a while and it was actually hard to talk my stylist into cutting them short enough lol. He didn't want to make me look 5.

He got them perfect, but for me to have bangs, I need to blowdry them daily, so I probably won't get them again.
    I think it cost $5 to get them trimmed and I could have probably chosen who...IDK.

I hope your hairs grow back fast.

Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL-Waist?-Hip-Tailbone--GOALOn to classic?

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Don't tie it up, rock it till it grows out! Too short bangs are a thing!
    [
    Last edited by Arya; June 14th, 2012 at 07:36 AM.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by dollyfish View Post
    I've completely stopped going to hairdressers. Not only are they expensive, but they ALWAYS, WITHOUT FAIL add layers to my hair. I have incredibly thick hair, and hairdressers always get angry with me for this (??? I know right, crazy) and complain and complain about how I need layers because my hair is simply not "workable." The only time I've gotten a hairdresser who asked very explicitly through every single step what I wanted, is this OK, etc, was a hairdresser at a salon I will never be able to afford (family payed for the cut). I find it's way easier to trim my own hair
    Yes, I have had long layers in mine, I don't mind though as I like a few in there!

Quote Originally Posted by ariesfairies View Post
    My best friend had the exact same issue.. and she did straighten it for a while herself, however when she got sick of it she just either pinned her fringe back or pulled it all back with a headband. Maybe that can be a another option if you don't want to put it through the stress?

Odd the woman straightened it.. its almost like she's assuming everyone likes to use a straightener (and a straightener to fix up a shoddy do >__< )
    I don't really like the pinned back look on me....I'll probably just put up and shut up, haha!

Yeah it is weird. Strange lady..I think they assume that these days people always use them. It's funny though because until about 8 years ago I never even had a pair. I always used to plait my hair and get pretty braid waves!

Quote Originally Posted by jesis View Post
    When my bangs were shorter, I always straightened them, and honestly they grew about twice as fast as the rest of my hair anyways, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just straighten them until the are long enough to style and then don't go back to that hairdresser ever again!

I've learned to be very specific when I go to my hairdresser. The last time I went in, I looked down at the floor and to my surprise, it looked like she hadn't taken anything off at all! Guess I just needed a very small trim to even everything up! Find someone you trust and stick with them!
    Good advice, thanks! That sounds like a winner..jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by cheetahfast View Post
    Aww, I'm sorry .
    I had bangs for a while and it was actually hard to talk my stylist into cutting them short enough lol. He didn't want to make me look 5.

He got them perfect, but for me to have bangs, I need to blowdry them daily, so I probably won't get them again.
    I think it cost $5 to get them trimmed and I could have probably chosen who...IDK.

I hope your hairs grow back fast.
    That's funny, the opposite problem to me haha! I'd rather have paid £5 and chosen tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    [COLOR=Indigo]Don't tie it up, rock it till it grows out! Too short bangs are a thing!
    I won't tie it up! all those ladies look nice but I feel a bit meh...although the rest of my hair is looking long!

Here's a photo, I'm feeling brave...it's just not even the right shape! I usually have it longer and around my eyes like a little frame....meeh!

To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

It seems to me like she didn't HAVE to straighten your hair. Couldn't you have stopped her? If a hairdresser busted out the straightener on me (especially my bangs) then I would have just told her to put it away. Same goes for the hair dryer.
    I have learned over the years that if I am going to go to a hairdresser, then I have to be very clear about what I want. They are not mind readers. If you would like her to cut your natural hair, you have to let them know ahead of time. If she is unable to do that, then it's best to wait for someone who can.
    Just a tip for next time.
    And what kind of place doesn't give you a choice in which hairdresser you get?!

Hopefully they grow out for you pretty quickly. It seems like my bangs always grow quicker than the rest of my hair.
    current length: chin/bob growing out undercut | first goal length: BSL

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Just now saw your picture.. I dont think they look too bad. I agree though, they are a tad short. Like just barely barely. hopefully they grow where you want them soon.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by shutterpillar View Post
    It seems to me like she didn't HAVE to straighten your hair. Couldn't you have stopped her? If a hairdresser busted out the straightener on me (especially my bangs) then I would have just told her to put it away. Same goes for the hair dryer.
    I have learned over the years that if I am going to go to a hairdresser, then I have to be very clear about what I want. They are not mind readers. If you would like her to cut your natural hair, you have to let them know ahead of time. If she is unable to do that, then it's best to wait for someone who can.
    Just a tip for next time.
    And what kind of place doesn't give you a choice in which hairdresser you get?!

Hopefully they grow out for you pretty quickly. It seems like my bangs always grow quicker than the rest of my hair.
    The thing is I am a non-confrontational person and she just kinda did it without asking. She did it TWICE as well.
    I have no idea! So strange to me.

Just now saw your picture.. I dont think they look too bad. I agree though, they are a tad short. Like just barely barely. hopefully they grow where you want them soon.
    To me it's like WAY too short, haha. I don't like my eyebrows peeking out, it looks odd!

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by joflakes View Post
    The thing is I am a non-confrontational person
    I totally get that. I am the same way. What helped me was to make myself clear before the person starts cutting my hair, so that way I don't have to stop them in the middle of it when she/he does something I don't like.
    Before you go, make a list of rules or guidelines you would like them to keep in mind while cutting your hair. That way you don't forget anything, and it's all clear to the hairdresser BEFORE they screw up. lol.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I totally get that. I am the same way. What helped me was to make myself clear before the person starts cutting my hair, so that way I don't have to stop them in the middle of it when she/he does something I don't like.
    Before you go, make a list of rules or guidelines you would like them to keep in mind while cutting your hair. That way you don't forget anything, and it's all clear to the hairdresser BEFORE they screw up. lol.
    Haha...definitely a wise plan!