Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hairdresser cut my bangs too short...

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Thumbs down Hairdresser cut my bangs too short...

Okay. Here's the thing.

I went for a bangs trim at the hairdressers.

I'm a bit annoyed....instead of cutting my hair in its natural slightly wavy state, she straightened it to hell and back. It looked good and straight when it was straightened but fast forward a day to now and it is all wonky looking and WAY too short when it is natural...which obviously it will be most of the time. It's above my eyebrows.

I don't get why hairdressers have this need to straighten everything...I don't WANT to straighten my fringe every darn day but now I'll have to until it grows a cm or two.

They don't charge for bangs trims where I go and I didn't get a choice of hairdresser...I guess they don't care so much about them.

To be frank, my half assed wonky bangs were much nicer than these. They are all thinned out and wonky looking. =(

*sigh*
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Hairdresser cut my bangs too short...

Practice trimming your own bangs. It is very easy to do when you have done it a few times. Bangs grow out so fast you will probably be happy with them in a week
    "If you’re bothered by every rub, how will you ever be polished?”- Rumi

Length
    Buzz/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

"I didn't get a choice in hairdresser..."
    That's always a bad sign, because you're going to get the slowest, most available person, aka the one without lots of loyal clients...

Your two choices are to pin them back and ride it out or to have a stylist more experienced with wavy hair go in and add a little more hair into your fringe, giving it a longer overall appearance.

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Too short bangs are such a disappointment, I know, I've had enough of them.

All I can say is, they're bangs and they grow out quickly, so you won't be stuck with a style that makes you unhappy for too long.

Length
    APL/Hip/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

ergg!!! some hairstylists just dont get it. but it's just hair, and it will grow, and you might come to like your new wonky bangs as time goes on. pin 'em back or straighten them if you end up hating them.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by renarok View Post
    Practice trimming your own bangs. It is very easy to do when you have done it a few times. Bangs grow out so fast you will probably be happy with them in a week
    I shall do. I have done it in the past but the hairdresser I went to was so good when I had my trim I thought I'd be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdazy View Post
    "I didn't get a choice in hairdresser..."
    That's always a bad sign, because you're going to get the slowest, most available person, aka the one without lots of loyal clients...

Your two choices are to pin them back and ride it out or to have a stylist more experienced with wavy hair go in and add a little more hair into your fringe, giving it a longer overall appearance.
    I'll be in the pin up and ride it out camp! No more hair is getting cut..I'm already growing out a lot of hair that was mistakenly hacked into a fringe in December!

Quote Originally Posted by HintOfMint View Post
    Too short bangs are such a disappointment, I know, I've had enough of them.

All I can say is, they're bangs and they grow out quickly, so you won't be stuck with a style that makes you unhappy for too long.
    True. It's just so annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by LizTheLyre View Post
    ergg!!! some hairstylists just dont get it. but it's just hair, and it will grow, and you might come to like your new wonky bangs as time goes on. pin 'em back or straighten them if you end up hating them.
    True, I'll probably just blow dry them when I shower and see how they turn out. REALLY annoying though.

I wanted Zooey Deschancel and ended up with...well, a Monk's hair!
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Type
    2a/C/iii

I know what you mean! I've NEVER met a hairdresser who would cut my hair to look good dry and natural. It's full of kinks so my fringe is also always wonky if they cut it.
    This is even the expensive hairdressers.
    Does this happen everywhere or just the UK?
    "The reward for conformity is that everybody likes you except yourself" - Rita Mae Brown

Length
    sl/APL/wl+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I know what you mean! I've NEVER met a hairdresser who would cut my hair to look good dry and natural. It's full of kinks so my fringe is also always wonky if they cut it.
    This is even the expensive hairdressers.
    Does this happen everywhere or just the UK?
    I know many UK hairdressing courses advocate straightening hair before cutting (working with waves/curls is much harder), but I think it might also be the more general hairdressers tend to assume that you'll straighten your fringe, etc. I have to cut my own because my quiff/cowlick means that where they wetcut it goes up in the middle when dry.
    Lady Cuilpantiel Of The Raven Tower in the Order of the Longhaired Knights.
    The Few, The Proud, The Vaguely Creepy

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

I feel you, mine messed up my bangs as well! And I never let hairdressers cut my hair and she laughed at that, probably thinking it was stupid. So I let her cut it AND SHE MESSED UP. it's way too thick now and supposed to be sideswept/asymmetrical but really, it's more like straight bangs that aren't really straight, lol! So.. growing them out it is!

Bangs grow out fast though! So don't worry!

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio

Technicolour Pug Lover pink.sara's Avatar
    Length
    42/26/36
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

Ugh, very annoying.

Definitely learn to cut your own properly. I remember when I was fisrt cutting my own very heavy Bettie Page type bangs I got them wrong and ended up cutting in a really dramatic aysymmetric super short fringe to cover my mistake and it looked so cute I kept it for a few years!

Fringes grow fast so in a few weeks you can trim a teeny bit off where it looks wonky and fix it, a few weeks straighteneing a fringe isn't going to ruin your hair forever.
    I straightened my whole head with GHD's twice a week untill it was past the annoying shoulder flicky stage and it's fine now, it's only at longer lengths I think it really takes a toll.

Brand New Redhead