Thread: Sock Bun Q?

Length
    13"/32"/25"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

Default Sock Bun Q?

I saw my first sock bun recently at work, we all crowded around & watched how its done. I tried the bun for myself last nite, but had 2 issues: i seem to be getting a mini pile on top of the bun (like a baby donut perched on a larger donut) & the back seems quite loose. I could always pin the back flat, but doesn't that take away from the point of this "quick n easy" style??
    My hair is approx 2" shy of tailbone, am wondering if the length is causing these issues?
    Lady of the Sea

Length
    3 "/30.5"/30"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Sock Bun Q?

Did you do a fully rolled sock bun (Loepsie's method), or a normal sock bun, where you have extra left over hair? Can you post a picture of what you mean when you say you have a mini pile on top of the bun?

I always anchor my sock buns with a ponytail holder before even grabbing the sock doughnut, so if the back of the hair is loose, it's because I didn't make a good ponytail.

Length
    13"/32"/25"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

this is what it looks like,but a lot more messy
    i'm not sure what loepsie's (sp?) method is but the girl at work literally pulled the sock thru like a ponytail while her head was upside down (to create volume i'm guessing) then tucked all the loose strands into the sock, pushing em under. using an elastic to secure seems counterproductive, especially as my hair tends to murder elastics by end of day..would rather not use elastics, will use pins if i have to..but i hate the feeling of pins pushing back out.

http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/v...pg&newest=1://
    Lady of the Sea

Length
    chin/hip/tbl
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Here's the video of Loepsie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid...&v=S3CryIfIyK8

It's a really good method for looooong hair

Enjoy!!

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I skip the sock because I just make a mess out of it. My method looks exactly the same but it doesn't add the bulk.

From my picture and album:
    Sockless donut bun. I will try to describe it as best I can. Start like a cinnabun but only one wrap. Tuck your ends under and through the hole making a knot bun. Then wrap your ends over the coil of the cinna-loop that you made. Tuck all the ends and then I wrap an elastic around it. The hair sticks are completely pointless. They where for my previous bun.

Length
    13"/32"/25"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

tx, i located the loepsie thread instructions...NOT supposed to be doing this upside down & didn't know about the turning motion. will try again tonite, hopefully it comes out better! i love the look of it on other people
    Lady of the Sea