Thread: Questions about clarifying shampoo

Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default Questions about clarifying shampoo

Hi! I'm a newbie and I have a few questions about clarifiying shampo, I didn't really know what was it or what it's used for before I joined LHC and read many comments about it. I'm guessing it's an important part of hair care routine that I'm missing so I'd like to know more about it.

So I understood its main use is to get rid of buildup and leave your hair clean of any product, but how necessary is this? does it really affect later hair washes or treatments? How do you know if there's any buildup on your hair?

I would also be grateful if you could recommend me any types or brands of good clarifiying shampoo (I only know the one by Pantene, is that one good?) and any further tips about its use.

Thanks in advance!

Length
    17/45"/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Questions about clarifying shampoo

Here is an article on clarifying. And here is an article on how to figure out whether you need to clarify.

Type
    2b/M/iii

Neutrogena Anti-Residue clarifying shampoo has several positive comments in the Reviews section.

Every time you put something on your hair, it leaves a tiny trace and gradually buildup will occur.

The clarifying shampoo strips your hair of all buildup. Be sure to use some type of moisturizing product after you clarify.

Personally, I would not recommend clarifying too often, unless you use a lot of product on your hair.

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

I also recommend not clarifying too often. I only do it when my ends feel rough, dry and crunchy.

Also, always follow a clarifying wash with a moisturizing treatment.

Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Thanks a lot for your advice! The articles were really helpful

I'll try to get the one by Neutrogena, I did a search and read a few reviews and seems it's great, so I'll definitely give it a go. I've never clarified before so I'm looking forward to see how it turns out!

Thanks again!

Length
    Chin/Class/? :)
    Type
    1a/F/ii

oooh, I think I need to do this! Thanks for posting the links, SpinDance, that is so helpful!

Length
    Pixie/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1b/C/i/ii

I don't personally used a clarifying shampoo to clarify. I just use nondiluted suave naturals shampoo, and it does the trick for me. Plus, it's cheap! :-)