Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Daily Shed

Length
    26/25.5/28
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Our Daily Shed

Just a quirky post about how much hair you shed in the morning. I'm to lazy to count up the whole day count but I lose most in my morning comb out.

So you can

1. Just put how many you lost in the morning comb out

2. During the whole day

3. Lengths of the shed hairs

4. Whatever takes your fancy.

My shed in this mornings comb out

Hair September 2015

Length
    ../??/Term
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Our Daily Shed

It depends, one week I will barely shed anything and then the next week it seems that it won't stop shedding. I think that it is just my growth cycle that determines how much I shed and when. The other morning I actually counted a little and paid attention to what hair I was losing. I probably shed about 30-45 hairs that morning. Over half of them were from my bangs that I have been growing out and the rest were almost as long as my full length. Only about 5 were from my longest length.
    Final Goal: Terminal lengthLady Randiriel, Shepherdess of Tithenmamiwen

Length
    20/waist/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/C/iii

I shed only about 3 every morning is that pretty normal? no bragging here I am actually a little worried I feel like I should have more.

Length
    26/25.5/28
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ~honeyflower~ View Post
    I shed only about 3 every morning is that pretty normal? no bragging here I am actually a little worried I feel like I should have more.
    When I have to comb out my sons shoulder length hair he barely sheds compared to me and he's 13.

I think it's normal for folks under 21. Or for some folks. I'm shedding 50 plus and have been now on and off for the past 7 years.
    Hair September 2015

Length
    ear/CB/WL:31
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

I don't comb, but when I run my hands through my hair in the shower I like to keep track.

Before LHC I used to shed at least 10-20 hairs every morning simply in washing my hair. Nowadays I don't shed at all in the shower, though I did find 1 hair tangled between my fingers day-before-yesterday, after I had to shampoo to get henna out!

I ordered a nice wide-toothed wooden comb, so perhaps my shed hairs will make themselves known there instead of on my clothing.
    ***2a/b, 4.75"**Arctic Fox => pink***
    ~chin~shoulder~collarbone~armpit~brastrap~waist~

Length
    26/25.5/28
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Today in my 71 comb out in the morning

1/2 where mid length on my head

1/4 short (from the front/back)

1/4 longest
    Hair September 2015

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I would drive myself mad if I did this. I vow to never obsess over how much hair is falling out of my head because it would probably stress me out alot and make me all crazy about it ahaha. Then lose more hair.
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    26/25.5/28
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    I would drive myself mad if I did this. I vow to never obsess over how much hair is falling out of my head because it would probably stress me out alot and make me all crazy about it ahaha. Then lose more hair.
    I did drive myself mad when I first joined LHC but not now. Back then I was trying to stop what I thought was a massive shed cycle. Now I realize after reading comments from a bunch of folks that hair has:

1. Life cycles eg babies usually have fine hair, young children thicker, teenagers abundant hair that does not shed much, early to mid twenties the first noticeable shed, after birth shedding, mid 40's shed (which I'm in now).

2. Habits effect. smoking, vit, minerals, stress, wear and tear.

3. Genetics

After 1 year and a little gain I now know I'm facing my mid 40's shed. It runs in the family. I'll still do what I can but I'm now thinking outside the square if my hair doesn't come good (my verison of good). It's empowering.

Shed after shower - 15

Total today - 85
    Hair September 2015

Length
    Pixie/Neck/CLSC
    Type
    1c/C/iii

I think I only really shed when I wash. Which I do, usually CO, every other day. I find about 50 hairs. Sometimes it seems alarming but my hair is so thick that I don¨t really worry.. maybe I will worry if one day it starts to thin! I doubt it though, my mom is 61 years old and has hair as thick as mine.

I do seem to have lots of baby hairs sticking up though, which is annoying.

is a daily washer :D nobeltonya's Avatar
    Length
    10"/36.5"/48"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

I haven't actually counted how many hairs I shed when I wash and comb my hair in the morning, which surprises me b/c that's something I'd expect I'd do.. But I'm aware of how much hair I'm shedding by the size of my hairballs.. During the day, I lose hairs at random, usually one or 2 here and there.. and my hairs are almost always 3 ft+ with the white balls, which means they were already ready to come out.. I rarely find a shorter/broken one, luckily.

I have been considering cutting up to waist lately :O It is currently just above TB, b/c I keep trimming it...
    2a/b / M/C / ii. Low porosity.