Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your puny hair!

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Class
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Show us your puny hair!

Man, I wish I had some pictures of my hilarious bun-nubs from when I was growing my hair out from very short. Since I had to have a bun in uniform but had way too many layers for a bun to be practical, about half my hair ended up held back by bobby pins; the rest was in a quarter-sized thing-that-resembled-a-bun. It was pretty bad.

However, I'll try to take a picture of my braid tomorrow. It's a pretty little one and, because I'm still growing out bangs, has some ridiculous taper.

Also, does anyone else with thin hair find French braids just "not worth it"? Mine are just hard to tell that they're French braided, and though I do know some of that can be put down to color, it's also because they just don't get defined, if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawnylioness View Post
    And please tell me im not the only one, who when making a cinnabun somehow makes it all compressed into an ittybitty beebutt bun
    .... I always thought I was just inept. Do cinnabuns tend to turn more bee-butt-y in thinner hair?

Lady Fáreryniel of the Depthless Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Somewhere in the region of very near waist...

Length
    Chin/Shldr/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I did this the other day. Two dutch braids that I braided together at the bottom, then I wrapped the bottom in a tiny knob of a bun. My hair is almost APL, but I can't do any sort of bun because they're so tiny. I sometimes see styles on here that you're supposed to be able to do with my length of hair but I can't.

Length
    CBL/Waist/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Tabihito View Post
    Man, I wish I had some pictures of my hilarious bun-nubs from when I was growing my hair out from very short. Since I had to have a bun in uniform but had way too many layers for a bun to be practical, about half my hair ended up held back by bobby pins; the rest was in a quarter-sized thing-that-resembled-a-bun. It was pretty bad.

However, I'll try to take a picture of my braid tomorrow. It's a pretty little one and, because I'm still growing out bangs, has some ridiculous taper.

Also, does anyone else with thin hair find French braids just "not worth it"? Mine are just hard to tell that they're French braided, and though I do know some of that can be put down to color, it's also because they just don't get defined, if that makes any sense.

.... I always thought I was just inept. Do cinnabuns tend to turn more bee-butt-y in thinner hair?
    I've wondered the cinnnabun thing!! I do NOT get a cinnabun that looks like the lovely thick haired ladies, I get a bee butt bun everytime, it sticks out...NEVER lays flat. I thought maybe I was just too dang stupid to do it right....lol

I'm going to have to set up my tripod and take a couple photos of my hair up tomorrow to add to this thread....It's truly puny. lol

Length
    16/55/?
    Type
    1b/F/i

islandboo, I'm glad my pictures could help someone and I really appreciate the support and kind words you've given me

Slug Yoga and Tawnylioness, thank you. The braided bun with the sword used to be my favourite but I haven't worn it for a while now. I must do it again soon.
    The sword is actually a letter opener I found in a new age store in town so unfortunately I can't give a link to it. I know some other people have been able to find similar letter openers/hair swords on-line though.

ravenheather, that's beautiful! I love how delicate and soft you hair looks.

Cinnamon buns are impossible for me as well. The first round works ok but the following are so thin it's nearly impossible to pin them. The few times I've succeeded the bun consist of 95% pins

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by maria_asa View Post
    islandboo, I'm glad my pictures could help someone and I really appreciate the support and kind words you've given me

Slug Yoga and Tawnylioness, thank you. The braided bun with the sword used to be my favourite but I haven't worn it for a while now. I must do it again soon.
    The sword is actually a letter opener I found in a new age store in town so unfortunately I can't give a link to it. I know some other people have been able to find similar letter openers/hair swords on-line though.

ravenheather, that's beautiful! I love how delicate and soft you hair looks.

Cinnamon buns are impossible for me as well. The first round works ok but the following are so thin it's nearly impossible to pin them. The few times I've succeeded the bun consist of 95% pins
    You really have inspired me to after seeing so many thick braids on this forum i was starting to think my French/English braid was far to thin to wear and be acceptable but seeing your French braid really inspired me to accept my hair texture . So thank you Maria

I have fine hair but quite a lot but it really compacts down.
    Last edited by bunzfan; June 11th, 2012 at 02:54 AM.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    SL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

I love this thread. I don't have thin hair by any means, but my girlfriend does, and I am forever trying to get her to appreciate it. It's so beautifully delicate.

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Here's one of my rope braids.

and a not-so-great braided bun picture with a ribbon.

it's probably 2.5" in diameter or so.

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...

Length
    SL/Class/?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Anywhere, I absolutely love that braid. So pretty!

Length
    12"/65"/60"
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Here is my puny Neoma knot:

Someone mentioned ears sticking out. If there were a contest for such a thing, I would stand a good chance of winning.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i

ANYWHERE ~ i love your braid!!

i have seen alot of cute neoma knots here, i shall have to try one!