Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP henndigo turned green!

Length
    jaw/SL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default HELP henndigo turned green!

I have been coloring my hair black with the same hendigo mix once a month for 10 months. I really love the black but decided to experiment to see if I could get it to a dark brown instead. Upon reccomendation from others here I did 2 applications of color oops. It lightened my roots to my natural color (light brown) and turned the length blue black. I decided to just keep it black, after all it was just an experiment! So I went over it with my usual mix of 75% indigo 25% henna, black tea and a little salt. But it turned my roots ELECTRIC green and my length this awful black-khaki green. What happened and what should I do?! can anyone help me?
    Long hair/ natural hair care friendly hair stylist

Length
    17"/32"/42"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: HELP henndigo turned green!

Noooooo! I wish I can help you, but I know close to nothing about how henna, indigo, and such works. Hopefully someone will see this.
    { Conditioner Only }
    Suave Professionals Rosemary & Mint—Mineral Oil & Olive Oil—BBB—Hair Sense five-tooth comb & BBB

Don't Stall On Me Now!
    Length
    Pixie/Hip/Clssc
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Oh my! I feel so bad! I would be shocked at the thought! I have no clue how to help! I hope you can find a solution!!!

Length
    21.5"/40.2"/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Oh no! That is terrible I am so sorry. I really wish I could help you but I know nothing about indigo. Hopefully if enough sympathetic people respond we can draw some more attention to your post. I really hope someone can help you out with this.
    1b/F/M/iii APL~BSL~MBL~WL~Elbow~Hip~BCL~TBL 40" Finally!

Length
    SL/26.5"/30"
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

that is awful
    I have henndigoed hair that I am also trying to currently lighten/remove. I have no experience with colour oops though.
    You could try diverbel's method with effasol- you may be able to remove all or even most of the henndigo in your hair - it completely removed her henndigo but what ever you do, strand test first. Even twice just to be sure. If you remove it you can start again.
    Linky:
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=82679

ETA: I talk about removal methods I am currently experimenting with on my blog. Have a read. Many people have had success with the VitC and shampoo method to remove the green pigment that indigo leaves on their hair. It also works to lighten indigo and henna. You can crush some vitamin C tablets to a fine powder, mix with shampoo and apply to dry hair for one hour. LHC member GlennaGirl has used this method with success to lighten. Others have used it to remove their green. Othala also managed to remove her indigo simply with Rhassoul clay washing.

You also may be able to dye over the top of it with a chemical dye- but I would recommend you use a red dye first to try and neutralise the green. And please strand test

HTH and I hope someone who knows more can help you
    Last edited by Lissandria; June 5th, 2012 at 10:39 PM.

Length
    jaw/SL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Thanks guys. It looks terrible

Length
    jaw/SL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lissandria View Post
    that is awful
    I have henndigoed hair that I am also trying to currently lighten/remove. I have no experience with colour oops though.
    You could try diverbel's method with effasol- you may be able to remove all or even most of the henndigo in your hair - it completely removed her henndigo but what ever you do, strand test first. . Even twice just to be sure. If you remove it you can start again.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=82679

ETA: I talk about removal methods I am currently experimenting with on my blog. Have a read. Many people have had success with the VitC and shampoo method to remove the green pigment that indigo leaves on their hair. It also works to lighten indigo and henna. You can crush some vitamin C tablets to a fine powder, mix with shampoo and apply to dry hair for one hour. LHC member GlennaGirl has used this method with success. Othala also managed to remove her indigo simply with Rhassoul clay washing.

You also may be able to dye over the top of it with a chemical dye- but I would recommend you use a red dye first to try and neutralise the green. And please strand test

HTH and I hope someone who knows more can help you
    I worry that these methods could damage my hair

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

How big of a difference is there between your root area and the lengths ? Can you post a pic ?

Length
    SL/26.5"/30"
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBene View Post
    I worry that these methods could damage my hair
    While you have my sympathy- Im not really sure that VitC lightening (while drying) would be any more damaging than Colour Oops (also drying). Same goes for Rhassoul clay.
    I agree that Effasol would be a last resort for most. Using chemical dyes is also a choice that many wouldn't choose. I know if I had green hair, I would probably be willing to try anything that may work. But that is of course, up to you.

Can you post a picture?

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Is it Hulk green?
    "But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you"