Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Broken Hairs or Frizz?

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Default Re: Broken Hairs or Frizz?

I have this too,I see you are in the 2's like me,us wavies and curlies have this.Our new hairs which are all over our head, pop up due to their short curl/wave factor.That stylist comment was rude.

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

My hair is fine,and average thickness but rain and humidity makes it look so big.I use a clear shine serum and rub it over my top hairs to smooth those little guys down.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

That's so rude of that stylist. Classy.

I think it might be new growth. As a 2, I'm quite familiar with these hairs sticking out all over the place too. I wouldn't worry about it, as annoying as they may be.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    12/20/30hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

That was very rude of your stylist! I have the same thing going on with my hair. I'm not sure what is damaged hair & what is new hair growing back, but some days it's just all out there. I recently tried using chamomile tea with a 1/2 tsp of honey in a water bottle & then after I CWC use it as a rinse and it has helped my hair more than any serum, oil, conditioner or deep conditioner I've tried so far.
    Growing... to see how far I can go!
    Lady Arinna of the Sunlit Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    14.5/21/32
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii

I'm glad to see that others have this problem, for it's currently the bane of my hairstyling attempts. So many little short fuzzy hairs that refuse to lay down nice and give my hair it's own visible aura that makes it just look messy and unkempt no matter how neatly I try to comb it back and put it up. I dream of having sleek, smooth hair like so many gals I see, both in pictures here and where I work, etc., but am at my wits end to try to figure out how to achieve it. It seems anything I try by way of moisturizing, deep conditioning, etc. just makes it frizzier. Putting coconut oil on it does seem to help some, but still doesn't tame all the fuzzies, and after awhile my hair starts getting a bit lank from the oiling. I shall be following this and similar threads avidly to try to find a solution.

Length
    24???/38?/37
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mendy View Post
    Ticky:

It must be damage because they are literally all down my hair, so each strand of hair has like offshoots from the root to the end. I have stopped all heat for the fist time in my life, so we shall see. I do think it looks worse because my hair then frizzes those bits. If I had straight hair, they might lie flatter. Hmm, I think that's what's going on...

If each individual strand of hair has offshoots, from root to end, then it is damage and can not be repaired.

If you hair strands resemble feather or tree, then it is damage. If it is just individual hairs sticking out from the majority of the hair, then it is either frizz or new growth, or both.

Length
    14.5/21/32
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii

Very nice chart there Kelikea. I think I have seen each and every one of them in my hair in the past...lol. Not for a few years now though, as I've been taking better care of it and getting the ends trimmed regularly to keep the damage at bay.

Length
    SL/TB/CL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ndayeni View Post
    Very nice chart there Kelikea. I think I have seen each and every one of them in my hair in the past...
    Haha...THIS!

ALL of my ends are damaged...I sooo need to cut them
    I'm just waiting until the end of the year, perhaps longer if it keeps growing well like it has been (it's about a half inch from tailbone)

I have the frizzies too OP...pretty sure mine are new growth though from having my baby last October and the postpartum fallout.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Horrible stylist. ugh.

Could be new growth. Sometimes people mistake shorter hairs for being broken when really all they are is new!
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    5/20/40
    Type
    1a/1b/C/ii/iii

I'm half Jewish and I have the same problem. It's not a coincidence, most of my Israeli colleagues, as well as my father and I, have thicker hair than the rest of the population, so new-hairs stick out more obviously. I have no way of fixing it, but I've learned that if the hair is healthy, it doesn't look that bad anyway. Just make sure it's not breakage (Kelikea's explanation is just PERFECT)
    Like a siren to the sailor moribund/ Her song of love will drag you ever down/ Her kiss will take you to a fabled sacred land/ Her lips will break you and lead you to the dance