Thread: Michael Mercier Ultimate Detangling Brush

Length
    shdlr/~Clsc/FrTp
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Michael Mercier Ultimate Detangling Brush

So I saw the infomercial. For all intents it seems like a Tangle Teaser with a handle which, frankly, would be awesome.
    Anyone try one out yet?
    Do tell!

Length
    Hip/SL/None

Default Michel Mercier Ultimate Detangling Brush

This is an old thread, but I got this brush the other day from a local pharmacy, so thought I would add my experience!

I have never seen the commercials for this brush (I don't have a TV), but noticed it at the pharmacy and did some research on it before buying it. In stores it's sometimes called the "Untangle Your Day" brush.

One reason I got the brush is because I am waiting for a Tangle Teezer to arrive in the mail (my local beauty supply shop is out of Tangle Teezers right now), and thought I'd see how this one works, too.

I got the green brush for "normal" hair (dislike the wording), because there were only the green and blue brushes (for thick hair) at the shop. I would have bought the pink one (for fine hair) if the shop had it - not because my hair is very fine, but because I've heard that the pink one may most closely resemble the feel of the Tangle Teezer.

Anyway, I have read a lot of bad reviews for the Michel Mercier brush, but I personally find that it works very well! My hair never gets very tangled, but I just use it as I would any brush or comb, and that works great. I have always liked brushes better than combs, and this item (like the Tangle Teezer) seems to be the best of both worlds.

So far I have had no issues using this brush on wet or damp hair, either. The only thing I don't like about it is that the box recommends replacing the brush after 8-12 months. This seems *very* wasteful to me, and I didn't notice that information until I got the brush home.

Oh, and water can get trapped inside the brush, as it is hollow. But in my case, the water was temporary.

However, if it ever starts to lose its "brushing power" after a year I will not throw it away! I will use it as a scalp massage brush or as a pet brush.

And I am still happily awaiting the arrival of my Tangle Teezer. I got the Britannia compact style.

These two items will be good to alternate with, and should suit my needs for awhile.
    Last edited by lindenblossom; February 11th, 2013 at 05:49 PM.

Length
    Hip/SL/None

Default Re: Michael Mercier Ultimate Detangling Brush

Got the Tangle Teezer several days ago, and it's great! The bristles are more flexible than those on the Mercier brush, but I still think the Mercier brush works well.