Thread: 'Naked' products

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    SL/Class/?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default 'Naked' products

I've recently discovered Naked - no sulphates, parabens or petrochemicals (whatever those are). My hair seems to really like the 'Sensitive' shampoo for delicate scalps. Not to use all the time, but it's done wonders when used once or twice a week. Haven't gotten round to trying the conditioner yet, but I'm kind of excited to. *g*

Anyway, if you've thought about trying them out but been put off how expensive international shipping is, they're doing free shipping on orders over £20 at the moment. Also, there's a code to get 35% off. And Swedish people - if you're interested you could check out your local pharmacy! I discovered this stuff at Apoteket Hjärtat.

may the forks be with you faellen's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: 'Naked' products

I might give this stuff a try, being as there's a 35% discount and I'm in the UK
    Parabens etc don't really bother me but I might as well try this to see if it makes any difference to my hair.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I read a rave review on the Smooth Silky conditioner for Straight or Longer hair from Freckles I think it was, and tried it. Love it! I have it in my regular rotation now. I normally get it from Boots, but I may have to give this a look too for that discount. I've never tried their other products, but I'm looking for a gentle shampoo... hmm.

My only issue is with the tube packaging, it's a bit of a nightmare with wet hands, and I can't get the last little bit out - so I cut open the tube and empty it into a tub with my fingers. Bit messy, but does the job!
    Last edited by pepperminttea; May 16th, 2012 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Clarification.

tangle teezer evangelist freckles's Avatar
    Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post
    I read a rave review on the Smooth Silky conditioner for Straight or Longer hair from Freckles I think it was, and tried it. Love it! I have it in my regular rotation now. I normally get it from Boots, but I may have to give this a look too for that discount. I've never tried their other products, but I'm looking for a gentle shampoo... hmm.

My only issue is with the tube packaging, it's a bit of a nightmare with wet hands, and I can't get the last little bit out - so I cut open the tube and empty it into a tub with my fingers. Bit messy, but does the job!
    yeah that was me, I absolutely adoooore that conditioner, it's the best.

For UK-ers, Naked standard size shampoo and conditioners go on offer in Boots regularly. I never buy them full price since they're on offer so often. Unfortunately their other stuff never goes on offer, boooo.
    don't know whether your hair is brown or red? us neither!
    hit my length goal of tailbone ... now learning to maintain and aiming to reduce split ends!

Length
    None/Shldr/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I wonder why there products are 97% natural.. What is the 3%?

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TB
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by snowcloud View Post
    I wonder why there products are 97% natural.. What is the 3%?
    Quoted off their website.....

"Yes, we’ve removed the bad stuff. And the natural active extracts we add in are widely recognized as being the best at what they do eg. Cocoa Butter for moisturizing, Sunflower for sun damage protection, purest Rose oil for anti ageing.
    But you may be asking why we don’t use parabens, SLS and petrochemicals in our Naked products. After all they are in the vast majority of toiletries on most bathroom shelves, so can they really be that bad? For us, it’s all about choice - about preferring to reduce our toxic load and use as many friendly ingredients as possible.
    You may also ask why only 97% natural? Well, the remaining 3% is made up of things like the preservative system (stops the product going bad after opening ) plus things like emulsifying agents which are necessary to stop ingredients from separating ( we don’t like divorce ). However some of our products are actually 99.5% natural as they didn’t need as much help to behave."

[source http://www.nakedbodycare.co.uk/free-your-body]
    Evie
    Lady Evye Guardian of the Natural Order in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Taking a general break from the boards in 2012, but will be working on my blog......

Length
    -/Shldr/-
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

Thank you for the tip-off. Funnily enough I tried the Sensitive stuff just this evening for the first time as my scalp has been acting up badly recently. If it doesn't cause more upset I'll order a ton of it and chuck the other bottles sitting at the end of the bath.

I adore their Smooth Silky conditioner, which smells like fruit sherbet. I usually get it from Boots and I had no idea they made so many other products.

© GRD, 3 March 2007

Length
    SL/Class/?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tabitha View Post
    I usually get it from Boots and I had no idea they made so many other products.
    At the pharmacy they only had a few different shampoos and conditioners, but now after looking at the website I've actually bought a bunch of non-hair stuff, too. *g*

Theodora, that's pretty much my view of it, too - strong enough to get my scalp clean, but still gentle enough not to irritate it. I like that my hair doesn't feel stripped at all after washing, it's really soft and almost silky even while it's still wet.

Pepperminttea, while I haven't tried it with oilings, I use it undiluted and so far it's still gentle enough for my scalp!

Length
    chin/hip/tbl
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I love the Naked Range, especially their shampoo and conditioner for dry hair. It's called Naked Rescue Intensive Care Shampoo and Conditioner.
    The shampoo is extremely gentle compared to other shampoos I've tried. And even though I shampoo twice it does not seem to dry my hair that much.
    The conditioner is quite good too, even though I prefer another conditioner, which I can only get in Germany (Alterra Conditioner Pomegranate & Aloe Vera: http://www.rossmann.de/qualitaetspro...aloe-vera.html)
    So the Naked Rescue conditioner is my best alternative

I have also tried the Naked Conditioner Bounce Curl Defining, but somehow it doesn't nourish my hair as good as the rescue. I use the curl defining conditioner now for my ends during I shampoo, just to keep them more smooth and it works perfectly for that!

I also tried the Rescue Hair Repairing Treatment, which is not bad, but again I prefer the hair deep treatment from Rossmann. But I like the sachet form of this treatment for traveling. Again, Rescue is my best alternative
    What I find funny with that one is that it seems to dry the hair when I leave it in for longer time, say 20min instead of 5min

Length
    21/18/35
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

I use the sensitive shampoo and quite like it. I do feel it is quite strong, but still gentle enough for my tricky scalp. I generally use it every 7-10 days and do CO washing/herbal washes in between.
    Chopped the end of the bleach damage 01/01/2013.
    No trims in 2013!
    nape ... SL ... APL ... BSL ... WL ... Hip ... TBL ...and then?