Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How often do you wash?

Length
    29/33/42
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: How often do you wash?

I wash my hair once a week or a little longer, depending on how lazy I feel and whether my hair still looks clean!
    I wash with Pantene, shampoo on scalp followed by plenty of conditioner on length and a little on the top of my head. Finish with either coconut oil or Pantene leave-in conditioner on damp hair. I don't wet it between washes, just maybe a touch of oil to tame frizz.
    So interesting to read everyone else's routine!

Length
    APL/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

I wash almost daily. I condition my ends first. Let it sit for a bit then shampoo my scalp only. Rinse, then take half honey, half conditioner and apply to whole head. I let that sit until I'm done with all of my other shower duties then I rinse and apply one more coat of conditioner.

Length
    5"/26"/33"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I know this thread is kind of old, but I think it is interesting to see how often and how everyone washes. I have curly/wavy fine/dry hair that is thick because of many individual strands. I wash my hair once a month. That's right- no water touches these tresses until the moon is new. Right now I'm trying CO on my wash... because the longer I go without washing, the fluffier my hair gets. It has been a lot stronger when I keep it away from any styling or washing.

Length
    29/33/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

I have to wet my hair somewhat regularly because I work out and maybe I am perhaps a sweaty/smelly type anyways.. so I wash my scalp with sulfate-free shampoo + condition about once a week, and I am trying to water-wash my hair +condition once a week... so wetting my hair twice a week. I also oil my hair religiously... seriously put oil on my hair about everyday, so that might contribute to my smell if I don't wash regularly.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Myself? Every day My hair? Once a week. Present time excluded as I am currently trying to solve a waxy gluey oily hair problem.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I'm currently doing a wait and see thing with washing days. Alot of the time I will think may hair is still ok for the day and then it actually gets greasy during the day but I generally wash every thrid day using sulfate free shampoo and cone free conditioner. :-)

I co-wash almost every day... when I don't have to work or do anything I'll give my hair a break and let it be greasy. My hair gets greasy really fast. When I get to the 4th wash day in a row my hair starts getting stretchy though. It's hard for me to try to stretch washes too because my wave pattern gets completely wrecked after a day and I can't wear it up for work. I dream of one day being able to stretch my washes somehow.