View Poll Results: Did you experience Hair Loss along with your Weight Loss?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • No hair loss at all!

36 50.00%
  • A little hair loss, nothing noticable!

16 22.22%
  • Some hair loss, it's noticable! :/

9 12.50%
  • A lot of hair loss! Really upset! :'(

11 15.28%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dieting & Hair Loss

Length
    chin/APL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Default Re: Dieting & Hair Loss

I'm pregnant right now, but last summer I changed my diet when I lived with my grandma. She is very healthy and I ate salads, lots of veggies and fruits. My hair, in addition to very low hair loss, was never so shiny. When I moved back to the dorms and ate pretty bad (ramen noodles, hot pockets, etc) my hair showed it, certainly. So, I can't help you on the hair loss aspect too much, but your hair certainly shows how well you eat.

Length
    8 in/41/45 +
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by racrane View Post
    I'm pregnant right now, but last summer I changed my diet when I lived with my grandma. She is very healthy and I ate salads, lots of veggies and fruits. My hair, in addition to very low hair loss, was never so shiny. When I moved back to the dorms and ate pretty bad (ramen noodles, hot pockets, etc) my hair showed it, certainly. So, I can't help you on the hair loss aspect too much, but your hair certainly shows how well you eat.
    Not just your hair though, but your skin and nails too. Ever since I ditched sweets and processed foods I get asked how old I am and get told I look like a little girl! Honestly, you look at a picture of me when I was 19 and one of the ones now, I look SO MUCH younger!

And I don't sleep at all now because of kids, and I have stretch marks on my calves and places I didn't knew you could have stretch makrs . My skin looks so shiny now, I barely wear make up to cover my skin even in pictures.

Specially the protein has make my skin tight, even though I have stretch marks and lost a lot of weight. If it wasn't for all the hernias I have left after the pregnancy, you'd think I'm younger now than when I was 18-19. My neighbor couldn't believe it, she saw me now and she saw pictures of me from high school. She was the first one to point it out, my cousins and family quickly followed.
    Last edited by leslissocool; May 14th, 2012 at 06:22 PM.

Lady Ligeia of the Wandering Oleander in the order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    34/Long/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I can say pretty confidently that I did not experience extra hair loss with my weightloss. I have lost almost 70 pounds in the last two years and my hair is not thinner. It has never been thick,
    so if it was getting thinner, I would be noticing.

I lost weight by reducing calories. I take vitamins sometimes and I eat fresh veggies often.

Length
    pixie/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

wow! thanks so much for all the replies! I am hopeful that I will not lose any extra hair in the next few months...only pounds.

I will for sure be adding lots of avocados and multi-vitamins to my diet.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!
    pixie - ear - chin- neck - shoulder - APL - BSL - Mid Back - Waist - Hip (GOAL!)

Length
    APL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by wishywashy View Post
    wow! thanks so much for all the replies! I am hopeful that I will not lose any extra hair in the next few months...only pounds.

I will for sure be adding lots of avocados and multi-vitamins to my diet.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

Add some iron supplements as well, one with at least 20-25% uptake to avoid constipation.
    Anemia is one of the largest issues when in comes to women & dieting, as well as hair loss.
    Take it with vitamin C that will aid uptake. And avoid calcium, cocoa, caffeine, coffee/tea, soda for up to 2 hours before/after.

Length
    12.5/19/32 in
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I lost a lot of hair from fasting, however it's still much thicker than it was when I was bleaching it and I've been losing weight (not from fasting but eating clean and being more active) starting from when I was a bleached blonde so it's hard to tell, although I noticed a lot of shedding when the weight first came off.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Yes!!!! I'm soo upset!!!! I've had LONG hair all my life and once I went vegan for over a year, it started thinning really badly and shedding.. I'm so upset. I'm now a vegetarian and my hair is doing MUCH better!!

Length
    3"?/26"/34"?
    Type
    1a/F/ii

When I was dieting, I wasn't eating enough, and specifically not enough protein. If you make sure to do that, you'll be fine.
    At BSL now.

Length
    27 in/33 in/Hip
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

When I lost weight, I always ate protein. My hair was as thick as ever.

Length
    27/42+/ftip
    Type
    1b/M/iii

I lost 50 pounds once , over a three month period and lost about 1/3 of my hair during the following six months.
    Callie sez *meep*
    justgreen judiciously journals
    Lady Emeralde Justyce in the Order of the Long Hair Knights