Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Duchess of Cambridge "elaborate updo" - I've seen more impressive on LHC

Length
    APL/Clsc/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Duchess of Cambridge "elaborate updo" - I've seen more impressive on LHC

I think the hairstyle is quite nice - but it pales in comparison to the gown. That was completely gorgeous!!
    As for the media swooning over her updo, and describing it as "elaborate" - for most, such an updo is elaborate, but then, anything more involved than, say, a French braid would probably be described so. Here on LHC, though, we are used to each others' lovely updos and pretty hairtoys.
    Lady Northern Lights, Keeper of the Gates of Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    chin/APL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Default Re: Duchess of Cambridge "elaborate updo" - I've seen more impressive on LHC

I think it looks pretty, but you are right that there are very accomplished people here with amazing skills at doing updos.

I like her hair, but I think it would look even better long.

Length
    chin/SL/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tisiloves View Post
    We could try Quinn's prom hairstyle from Glee, she's only UBL and I want to see if it can be done without a ton of product.
    I don't want TV. Which is kind of detrimental to keeping up with celebrity hair styles.

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Jing View Post
    I don't want TV. Which is kind of detrimental to keeping up with celebrity hair styles.
    I don't want TV, but I have it, lol, and with a family adicted to Glee, I sadly know who Quinn is....what was her prom style again?
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    12"/26"/30"

Quote Originally Posted by Blond On Blond View Post
    Guess I'm the minority here: I don't like the dress at all
    The updo is OK.
    I was starting to think I was alone on this. Glad I'm not the only one. I usually see her in pics with her hair down so compared to that, I suppose this does seem elaborate.

Length
    2''/APL/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

She looks gorgeous. Her legs look super long! The up do is nice and looks good on her.
    1b/F/ii
    Started from a very short pixie at April 2011

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Unofficial_Rose View Post
    But dear God, the standard of writing. It is so bad it actually sounds as if the journalist is taking the p1ss. "Ladies", "updo", "coiffed" "flowing locks", ugh - is this the Hyacinth Bouquet school of twee, anachronistic journalism?
    It's the Daily Mail, and they're talking about a royal, so yes.

Oh, the humidity! woolyleprechaun's Avatar
    Length
    1inch/38/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

*sighs* She looks simply radiant! When I saw the pics, all I could think of is how much like a fairytale princess she looks. OK, so its a tad imperfect, but I feel it adds to the overall look of easy elegance.
    That girl was BORN in a floor length gown. Incase you havent guessed, I love the royal couple something rotten
    Last edited by woolyleprechaun; May 12th, 2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: typo
    Now measuring in at 37 inches, or BCL. Classic by Christmas '15 is a real possibility! Yeah, that's my clothes horse in the pic. I'm that glam.
    Lady Maurelle of the Soggy Nation

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Oh my goodness; I think her hair looks lovely, also the dress.

Length
    16.1/30.31/40
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I like the updo, but it does not look like it was done by a team of hairstylists.
    it kinda looks like she did it herself, and that is probably why I like it.
    but knowing that it was done by a team of hairstylists, it is a bit disappointing because well, I would expect them to do a better job.

she looks stunning in her dress though, and the hairstyle really suits her!
    May 12th 2012, virgin hair back!
    chin, shoulder,apl,bsl,waist, hip,tailbone, classic.
    Hip length expected in January 2016.