Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying growth stage?

Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Most annoying growth stage?

Perhaps I am biased, since I'm BSL, but this has to be the most annoying stage of growing your hair EVER!

It's everywhere, and nowhere I want it to be, and always miles from waist. Right now it's doing some weird curl thing, sitting on top of my chest looking like it's going to attack my face. Everyday I think when it's longer, it will be easier to manage, it will fall flat, it will be easier to tuck away... I think for me APL was the most manageable stage. It was long enough to pull back and short enough to stay looking groomed, when curled or straight.

What is/was your most annoying stage when growing out your hair? Bonus points for awkward pictures.

Length
    Buzz/thigh/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

Default Re: Most annoying growth stage?

Hahahah for me it's anything shorter or equal to shoulder :B People say wavy hair doesn't bounce up, YEAH, RIGHT! I remember looking like a sheep most of the time!! And also there were the splits, it seemed like each time I'd cut one, ten more would appear, ugh.

Length
    shldr/tlbn/fgrtp
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I've never had hair shorter than collarbone or longer than just past tailbone (where I am now). For me the most awkward stage was between APL and BSL. This is the part of my back where it curves out instead of in and I have thick big wurly/curly hair. Combine the two and you get hair that's wider than me! When my hair got past BSL and nearing waist, where my back starts to curve in, my hair lay more flat. Collarbone was pretty awkward too, since my hair wasn't weighted down yet and it gave me an awful triangle head. Pretty much past waist everything's been fine.
    Even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like day. Search me, God, and know my heart...And lead me in the way everlasting. -Psalm 139

Length
    bald/11/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I'm in my awkward stage right now, actually. It's not long enough to tie back and just long enough to stick straight up in strange angles. Around 4 inches for me.
    I used to have virgin hair, then I took Lawsonia inermis to the keratin.

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Right when it was brushing shoulder. Barely long enough to tie back and hairs poking into my shoulders all the time.
    buzz - pixie - chin - shoulder - APL -BSL - MBL - waist - hip - tailbone - classic

Length
    jaw/SL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

For me it was right past chin.... oh dear hahaha I dislike short hair on me...
    Long hair/ natural hair care friendly hair stylist

Length
    APL/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Probably the length I'm at now, mid back length, so close to waist yet so far! D:

Length
    */*/*
    Type
    2b/C/iii

For me, it's from shoulder to bsl, my hair just doesn't want to behave nicely. Above shoulder I don't mind heat styling as would have been regulairly cutting my hair, after BSL I esily do some messy buns/get my hair up and out of the way if it bothers me. Between (where I am right now, ugh) it just drives me nuts, and imo does not look good on me.
    Enjoying Short HairLong hair will return eventually

Length
    21.5"/40.2"/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

APL with half of my hair in chin length or shorter layers was the worst. You wear it down, or down in your face, or down poking you in the eyeball, or you ponytail like 3 hairs in the back while the rest is down and getting in your facial orifices.

I am so glad my layers are all shoulder at the shortest now.
    1b/F/M/iii APL~BSL~MBL~WL~Elbow~Hip~BCL~TBL 40" Finally!

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Where mine is now nearing bra strap but not there yet. Its in between the two lengths and when it curls up tight its even shorter.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com