Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying growth stage?

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Default Re: Most annoying growth stage?

I honestly don't really get how people would find BSL annoying or awkward?? I mean, have you ever tried to grow out a pixie? :P I can assure you that anything from pixie to.. shoulder maybe, or longer even?? Is going to be awkward! My hair is now a little past chin length and even though I can't put it up yet or anything, I don't find it awkward anymore, but only because I got it cut and it now has a style. But all my hair before it was chin length? Very awkward! When my hair grows out it will probably get very awkward again haha, oh well! Doesn't help I have annoying waves that makes it look even shorter :P

Right now it is annoying though because the back is shorter than the front and I can't make a proper ponystub or anything.

I could go on and on :P

Quote Originally Posted by KrissyKitty View Post
    A picture is worth 1,000 words....
    Haha I feel you! When I had a pixie it always looked like that when I woke up.. ugh, it was horrible! I genuinely think short hair is more work than long hair. (Long hair in my eyes being APL/BSl, I have no experience with what people on LHC would consider long hair! :P) I mean, it both has it pros and cons obviously, but still... I don't miss waking up with a rat's nest at all! :P
    Last edited by oktobergoud; May 9th, 2012 at 11:29 PM.

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio

Length
    Shldr/MBL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by oktobergoud View Post
    I honestly don't really get how people would find BSL annoying or awkward?? I mean, have you ever tried to grow out a pixie? :P I can assure you that anything from pixie to.. shoulder maybe, or longer even?? Is going to be awkward! My hair is now a little past chin length and even though I can't put it up yet or anything, I don't find it awkward anymore, but only because I got it cut and it now has a style. But all my hair before it was chin length? Very awkward! When my hair grows out it will probably get very awkward again haha, oh well! Doesn't help I have annoying waves that makes it look even shorter :P

Right now it is annoying though because the back is shorter than the front and I can't make a proper ponystub or anything.

I could go on and on :P
    The problem with BSL for me is that it's a LOT of hair - but not enough to stay behind my shoulders, and still too short (because of thickness) to stay up well -at least in ways that keep all my hair up (buns, etc). Things that work (braids, ponytails, peaccock twists) just give me hair that gets in my face and stays on my neck. It's also heavy enough to make updos I can do make my head sore.

I just. Don't like that length.

ETA: I have grown out pixies. I never found them annoying - but I always kept them cropped at the back/nape of my neck until the top layer grew out, then just grew straight down from there. Looked horrible ON me, but didn't drive me batty since nothing was sticking to me/in my face (I have bangs).
    Last edited by BeckyAH; May 10th, 2012 at 08:26 AM.
    We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. --Winston Churchil

Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by oktobergoud View Post
    I honestly don't really get how people would find BSL annoying or awkward?? I mean, have you ever tried to grow out a pixie? :P I can assure you that anything from pixie to.. shoulder maybe, or longer even?? Is going to be awkward!
    I have grown from a shaved head! While I appreciate the length of my hair now, some of my cutest hairstyles were from growing that out Maybe I should re-evaluate... *never going to happen*

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyAH View Post
    The problem with BSL for me is that it's a LOT of hair - but not enough to stay behind my shoulders, and still too short (because of thickness) to stay up well -at least in ways that keep all my hair up (buns, etc). Things that work (braids, ponytails, peaccock twists) just give me hair that gets in my face and stays on my neck. It's also heavy enough to make updos I can do make my head sore.

I just. Don't like that length.
    This, exactly! It's such a fussy length, no matter what you do it's a struggle to get it to look good. Just seems like the necessary evil between shoulder and waist.

grumpy moon princess millyaulait's Avatar
    Type
    1b/M/ii

SL/Shorter to APL, because it's the longest journey for me!

I want my hair to be long already! :-\

{
    maintaining waist
    & wishing for waves }

Length
    2"/5"/APL
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

I am currently gorwing out a pixie so I know where oktobergoud is coming from. Mine is currently about 3 inches all over. Although I had my stylist trim the back to stop the emerging mullet in it's tracks but I am now almost into bowl cut territory.

I can't wait for chin length hair so I can get a nice sleek bob cut. But my hair doesn't grow particularly fast so I'm in for a wait of about 6-8 months for that. In the meantime thank goodness for ears, clips and hairbands.

Length
    TWA/APL/BSL
    Type
    4b/M/ii

APL! I'm grow toward APL now and it is taking forever plus it isn't long yet. My hair looks weird with the natural layers because the back touches my shoulders but the front only comes to my chin. It looks really weird and makes the sides appear thin and like I hacked a bunch of hair off my head. Can't wait to get to BSL!
    Growing my hair to BSL and beyond!
    Benign neglect & LCO method

Length
    Apl/Bsl+/Waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

I had two chin to shoulder was just weird. The options of what to do with my hair at this stage were very limited. Right now midback-waist is just annoying because it seems to take forever
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WAIST-HIP
    **Almost there!!!**

may the forks be with you faellen's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

My most annoying growth stage was this:

I was growing out a pixie cut. You don't know the meaning of annoying until you've tried to grow out a pixie cut, lol.

Length
    2''/APL/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Yes, growing out a pixie cut is absolutely the most horrible growth stage!
    1b/F/ii
    Started from a very short pixie at April 2011

Length
    pixie/shldr/waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

chin to shoulder was the worst for me! i have wavy hair that's manageable at pixie length but once it hit chin it was long enough to be flippy and weird but not long enough to be properly wavy; also not long enough to put up so i at least wouldn't have to look at it lol.