Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sisters wearing same hairstyles on a regular basis ,was this your case ?

Default Sisters wearing same hairstyles on a regular basis ,was this your case ?

Ever wore your hair fashioned identically (updos,styles) as your sister(s) for a long time ? ....I mean here not only style,but length too.....
    I have 3 sisters,2 of them younger ,14 and 15,and an older sister ,she is 20 (I am 17) and mom used to do our long hair very often in the same fashion (we're Mennonites ) like we were all twins . And this was going on for years,basically.

Did /do you have same kind of experience?

a beautiful pic:
    http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk...f12ho1_500.jpg

Length
    HL/TBL/CL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Sisters wearing same hairstyles on a regular basis ,was this your case ?

I have no sisters, so no. But I do love that photo. It's so cute.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Sisters wearing same hairstyles on a regular basis ,was this your case ?

Adorable photo! No, I can't remember ever having the same hair style as any of my "sisters" but I had a best friend who had a few identical shirts and if I wore one of these shirts he was sure to show up at school wearing his. We never planned it!

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    2/29/30
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Nope, my sis always had long hair and I was not allowed to have long hair. My family's argument was that my hair is too thin and too tangly and hers is beautiful and thick and doesn't tangle.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better. (S. Beckett)

I always wished for a twin sister !!!!!

Length
    14/14.5/25
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Aww tota, that's horrible! Everyone can grow long healthy hair with the right techniques and methods!
    Grew from apl to waist, now starting back over!
    Lady Ariadne of Wales, enemy of the English crown in the order of the LHK!
    Ear length- Chin length-SL- APL-BSL-WAIST

Length
    13-15/29/32-40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I have a twin sister. Mom used to style our hair identically when we were little.

I don't do that anymore. My sister is fine with really boring practical hairstyles, while I've probably learned about five billion types of braids and am anxiously awaiting when my hair reaches waist-length like hers.
    Length: Hip-length waves (May 2014) || Optional: TBL - Classic

Lady Ursa, Daughter of the Sea, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by auburntressed View Post
    I have no sisters, so no. But I do love that photo. It's so cute.
    This. Also, I was the only one of my similar-aged female cousins who had notably long hair. Apparently my mom was the only one who'd put in the work for maintenance... the other moms had their reasons and their daughters all had short or short-ish hair.
    bsl > mbl > hip > [tlb] > clsc > fingertip > thigh > knee > ???

Length
    8 in/41/45 +
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ReadHeadGirl View Post
    I always wished for a twin sister !!!!!
    Me too!!! Then when I got pregnant I had twins (boy and girl). You never know you might be able to do that with your kids .

I grew up with my brothers, met my sister when I was 15-ish. So no. I was the only female in my close family sadly. I really wanted a sister growing up.

Tota that's terrible!

I wasn't allowed to have long hair (I would grow it and then it got chopped to a pixie) but everyone had short hair (even my grandmother and my stepmother). They just didn't like it long.

My daughter has terrible tangles. She HATES having her hair brushed, I recently cut 4 inches off her hair. She looked so sad but it's less of a fight. She has sensory issues with brushes. I'm hoping she'll cope somehow because she really likes long hair, and she needs to brush it at least once every two days. We tried all kinds of detangle sprays and it's the brushing she really dislikes.

I was fooling around on my "goddess" costume with my hair down, she touched it and told said "mommy pretty!". I really want her to have princess hair /end hijack.
    Last edited by leslissocool; February 1st, 2013 at 08:07 PM.

Lady Ligeia of the Wandering Oleander in the order of the Long Hair Knights

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I think we where always different due to cuts and our taste/style. The closest we have been was when we where all long hair and in that case it was my Mom, My oldest and middle sisters and myself. But our updos where never the same.