Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is/was the longest or hardest milestone for you?

grumpy moon princess millyaulait's Avatar
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Angry What is/was the longest or hardest milestone for you?

For me it's getting to APL.

I feel like I've been shoulder *forever*, I still have inches to go.

I swear shoulder to apl is the longest inch-wise for me. :\

APL is 24", BSL is only "27, and WL 32", and TB not far off.

{
    maintaining waist
    & wishing for waves }

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

Default Re: What is/was the longest or hardest milestone for you?

Honestly? I think waist to TB. I joined LHC at that time because I wanted to grow longer than waist length and had hit a point where I was cutting off as much hair as I was growing due to damage. I had a lot of icky ends to trim, and it took some time to figure out what routine would work with my hair. Once I got settled into a nice routine, it has been slow but happy growing since.
    Change is the only constant.

Type
    2a/M/iii

Yes, shoulder to APL was tough, also chin to shoulder, took forever.

APL to BSL went quick. Never been longer than I am now, so dont know about the longer milestones. But I think the shorter lenghts are more annoying because you cant wait to get long hair. I dont mind the waiting now that I am BSL and way closer to my goal
    Waiting for waist

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Probably from waist to TBL. It's taking FOREVER for me to get there
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    2/29/30
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

The longest for me was APL to BSL.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better. (S. Beckett)

Length
    Pixie/24in/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Well, I'm between shoulder and APL too at the present moment and I feel like it's taking forever! I haven't been longer than APL since I was 14, and then I was never actively growing it, just ignoring it, so I can't say if any other transition lengths are going to eb harder for me!

Lady Ennostiel, Sage of Foal & Leporidae of the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    16.75/19"/30"+?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I definately think shoulder to APL is taking forever - I just brushed shoulder length (16") at Christmas since then my hair has grown a lot but I'm still 3 or 4 inches from APL!
    BSL is only another 3 inches after that so I'm hoping I'll get there pretty quickly.
    1b/ii/m ...SHOULDER+...APL...MBL...WAIST...HIP...TBL...
    April 2014 - Roughly 10" chopped off & Dye free apart from 1" in canopy layers

Length
    HL/TBL/CL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

Hip to Classic is the longest for me... I say this because I have not yet had my hair past tailbone in my life. It always ends up getting overly trimmed or something before I can make it. I'm not 100% sure I am capable of growing to Classic - as in, it seems possible that my terminal length may hit before that.

I'm past hip right now, but I can't honestly say if I'm at TBL yet. I'm not clear enough on where my tailbone is to tell truly. I'm probably at, "Can I call this tailbone?" territory.

Either way, I have been paying attention to it since last summer, when my mom cut off 4" of my hair. I wasn't measuring then, but I was watching its length growth. I don't feel like I have grown at all.

Started measuring in December, and the tape measure says I've grown 4" since then. But it doesn't look any longer to me. It doesn't feel any longer to me.

I feel like I am in a wasteland of growth where no matter how long my hair gets, it won't ever LOOK any longer than it looks right now. It won't ever feel any longer than it feels right now.

I can feel my hair just barely brushing against my bum crack when I'm not wearing clothes. But it felt that way last summer, too, before the trim.

At least I can tell for sure that my ends are thicker and healthier than they were last summer at this time. Just... not by much.

Length
    17/42/30

The longest milestone for me is definitely getting to APL because I only just started growing my hair in about... February... from SL to WL and it was the whole impatient phase that was getting to me lol. Now I'm not too bothered, I know it will grow by itself and I just forget about it.

Goal met and exceeded, now what?
    I have curly virgin hair which is currently tailbone length un-stretched.

Length
    Buzz/37.5/35??
    Type
    2b/M/ii

From classic to knee felt like it took forever, but really it was just a much longer distance to cover than from tailbone to classic, or hip to tailbone. I didn't get any prolonged stalls (though I seem to be having a health related stall at tailbone now, it would have happened no matter what length I was at).