Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is/was the longest or hardest milestone for you?

Length
    APL/TB/40+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Default Re: What is/was the longest or hardest milestone for you?

From BSL to waist. I was finally starting to notice the length and it just took so long.

APL-BSL-Waist
    -Tailbone
    Now: 35,4 Goal: 40

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

for me it was bsl to waist, its only 4 a 5 inches on me but it took me almost 2 years mostly because i wasnt treating it right.
    Also waist to tailbone took forever but maybe because i was more focused on it, now that i am back to hip i hope to be back at tailbone quicker because its healthier this time.
    BCL right now w a thick hemline. Aiming for classic this year

Length
    27 in/33 in/Hip
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

For two years between 2010 & 2011 it stopped growing at just past waist. Then in November
    2011 I stared wearing it in a braided bun. In March It grew four inches. Hopefully it will keep
    growing. I am only going to wear it down once a month. So maybe it will grow a few more inches. Thigh length would be great. But if it will not grow that long, tailbone or just long enough to sit on would be great. Time will tell.

Length
    SL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

For me, I think they're all bad because I'm tall, and not short-waisted. *le sigh*

I'm starting to notice length now that I'm at BSL, though, so it's not going too badly!

Length
    Chin/WL/MTL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

For me it's Waist to Hips : I'm obligated to trim each time it reaches Hip... I feel like I'm at waist length since forever! (I'm currently reaching hips again).
    Health over Length
    Sept. 1, 2021:Trim got me back to MBL (close to Waist).
    Goal: MTL (if possible).

I'm a painter, photographer, Craftsperson and writer:
    WEBSITE

Length
    ?/50/50
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

For me getting over 45" was the hardest. I was at that length (which was a bit past classic, I think) for at least a year. When it grew half an inch I took it off because it always looked thin and unhealthy. Then I decided not to care about the thin ends and didn't trim for a couple of months and reached 46". 45" is still the length from where my ends are fairly thin. I'll maintain for a year or so and if they don't thicken up I'll cut back to classic.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4250&attachmentid=1969

Length
    chin/hip/tbl
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I remember that shoulder/ APL was hard as my hair would split a lot and I had to trim it quite often
    Then from APL down to waist felt like AGES, also because I really wanted it to be superlong asap and I had to do some of these dreaded, yet necessary trims as I really don't like unhealthy hair/ ends.

From waist to hip however felt really fast. And now I'm waiting for bcl/ tbl, but it seems again to take ages because of split ends and (felt) horrible ends ... last month I finally hit 90cm but had to cut it back to 86cm to get a good hair feeling again
    Doesn't sound much, in fact it isn't much (1.6 inches), but still ... I guess most LHC-people will understand what I mean

Length
    buzz/MBL/term
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I've had my hair everywhere from 1/2 inch to tailbone (terminal at the time). The hardest growing out phase was between 2 inches and when I could get it into a ponytail, because with my curls every day was a bad hair day.
    2c, average and healthy black platinum hair, MBL
    My hair loves stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, protein, preening, oils, and plopping
    My hair hates distearyldimonium chloride, quaternium-87, phenoxyethanol, brushes

Length
    APL/BSL+/Term.
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

BSL to waist.

Account Closed by Member Request

I remember finding hair that was around shoulder length absolutely infuriating. It did not hang right and it just looked so... awkward. It's a length that I don't ever want to put up with ever again, especially since it would be very difficult to keep my hair out of the way.

I've had my hair between Waist and Hip length for almost two years now in order to get rid of damage and layers and to re-grow everything back out. I am very happy that I did this and think it has been totally worth it, but I'm really getting tired of being around this length and want to move on to my dream length. It's like every time my hair would reach 29" I'd get the urge to trim off the damage. Not this time!