Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Mrs M - French Twist on shoulder length?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Help Mrs M - French Twist on shoulder length?

Mrs M was suggesting yesterday that she might want to try putting her hair up, normally she just leaves it loose or pony-tails it. Her hair is just past shoulder-length in a grown-out bob (no layers). Would a French Twist work on that length as she did consider that, and if so does anybody have, or know of, a tutorial which will work which she can follow?

Not being an LHC convert - if 'product' is required she's not going to baulk at that idea, nor indeed of using a bit of heat if required

tx
    m
    "Always better to not fight. But if must fight...win"
    Mr Miyagi

Length
    17.5"/APL/APL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Help Mrs M - French Twist on shoulder length?

What is her hair thickness? If it's iii, I doubt it will work. If it's i or ii, there is a chance that it might because I remember seeing members with i or ii doing a French twist or peacock twist

Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    What is her hair thickness? If it's iii, I doubt it will work. If it's i or ii, there is a chance that it might because I remember seeing members with i or ii doing a French twist or peacock twist
    I'm not good with the hair typing thing - if somebody PM's me I can let them have a link to a recent photo if they don't mind trying to work it out.

I can't tell if it's i ii or whatever - I just know it's scrummily gorgeous ;-)
    "Always better to not fight. But if must fight...win"
    Mr Miyagi

Length
    bsl/elbow/n/a
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I'm not good with the hair typing thing - if somebody PM's me I can let them have a link to a recent photo if they don't mind trying to work it out.

I can't tell if it's i ii or whatever - I just know it's scrummily gorgeous ;-)
    Well the i/ii/iii thing is just measuring . If her ponytail measures a 2" circumference or less, she's a i. If it measures 2" or more, she's a ii. If she measures more than 4" she's a iii.

Can't measure on a picture tho, so we'd be worse than useless.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I found the Flexi-8 tutorial for the French twist the easiest to follow, it's here. There's a lot of tutorials for it out there, many of them involve back-combing the crown first, but you can make it as fussy or unfussy as you like.

You could use any number of things to secure it other than a flexi, too; a small or medium ficcare (depending on her hair's thickness) would work, a French pleat comb like the beautiful ones Bijoux Manoel makes, claw clips, some people also manage to secure them with hair sticks or forks (but I admit, that was always beyond me). Even bobby pins if she'd prefer something a bit more inconspicuous.

Length
    16 in/25 in/????
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

The french twist, peacock twist, and gibson tuck have been my go to hair styles. I secure my twists with a twist comb and I have fine slippery hair. I learned mine from Byrds hair design and flex 8 on you tube.

Length
    chin/SL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I was easily able to do a french twist at that length but granted my hair is not very thick-it's fine and thin.
    Ficcare.com also has a french twist tutorial.
    Trying to grow my babyfine hair long/working on going natural

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I remember that one of my old hair books insisted that shoulder length and not much past was the ideal length for a french twist. You just twist it upward, then fold the ends back under. Or leave them out if you wish (especially if they're curly).
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    Pixie/31/35
    Type
    1c/F/ii

A french twist or peacock twist should work really well on her hair, unless it's super thick.

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Easy to follow Shaune Bazner video: http://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/vid...86ugfo&newfp=1