Page 223 of 223 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223
Results 2,221 to 2,226 of 2226

Thread: Tangle Teezer

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Tangle Teezer

Since starting to use my Wet Detangler Tangle Teezer hairbrush over a year ago I'm convinced that it is vastly superior to the ordinary Tangle Teezer, I haven't had any problems with it at all.

Length
    BSL/Waist/Undef
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by clairenewcastle View Post
    Since starting to use my Wet Detangler Tangle Teezer hairbrush over a year ago I'm convinced that it is vastly superior to the ordinary Tangle Teezer, I haven't had any problems with it at all.
    What differences have you noticed? I have my eye on that one
    @morganazoric on Ig | @morganazor on TikTok

July-december 2023 benign neglect challenge(no trimming).

Quote Originally Posted by clairenewcastle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverinna View Post
    What differences have you noticed? I have my eye on that one
    i liked the thick and curly hair version of the tangle teezer better than the regular one because the tines were much stronger.
    Dunno where I put it tho lol
    Is the wet detangler one stronger than the regular one too?
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

I really like Tangle Teezers. Bought a Wet Detangler Fine & Fragile this year and it’s been perfect for my hair.

Length
    13/31/60
    Type
    3c/4a/M/iii

Red face Re: Tangle Teezer

I recently switched to the tangle teezer for curly hair and it has been a game changer, my hair feels so much softer and I see fewer split ends. The Felicia brush was cool but this one blows it away!

”Life is short but your hair doesn’t have to be.” -

SL~APL~BSL~MBL ~WSL~HPL~TBL~CL~MTL Knee Length

Length
    17.5/26/27
    Type
    4a/F/M/i/ii

Bumping this thread because I've recently had a pretty poor experience with Tangle Teezers.

Background info: when I started using the Tangle Teezer, my low density type 4 hair was processed (tex-laxed, AKA underprocessed deliberately, with no overlaps, just to loosen curl pattern) but it didn't feel significantly unhealthy, had few to no splits, and the only indication it was damaged at all was slight thinning on the bottom right quadrant of my hair because it was the place people processing my hair always seemed to start in (so essentially it was more processed and damaged more for it). My hair stylist was telling me how surprisingly healthy my hair was and was confident I'd reach my goal of a fuller waist length.

But, gosh, when your routine is working and your goals are close, don't listen to other people's advice!

I listened to the hair stylist after my last salon cut in August (I had reached my length goal, but was cutting back for thickness, one more tiny trim and I likely would've gotten there thick enough for me). I tried a few detangling brushes because the stylist was convinced they caused less damage even than wide tooth combs because of the flexible bristles. I did notice that sometimes even if I was gentle with a wide tooth comb, I'd get one or two tugs directly through a knot, so it sounded reasonable that softer teeth could stop that and save me some thickness.

I used to be the kind of person who only even owned one dusty brush only used to blow dry every once in a while. I was a thorough comb person. But I was convinced, so I tried a Tangle Teezer and a Wet Brush Speed Dry. I immediately set aside the wet brush because it would get stuck in knots and couldn't pull out of them without taking a few hairs with it, definitely not better for me than a comb. But the Tangle Teezer was great at first.

I got the Fine & Fragile version in deference to my chemically treated hair. It claims to be 30% softer than the original. It brushed my hair quicker than my comb, I heard and felt no snapping, and I didn't notice a significant amount of hair in the brush.

It was the cumulative damage for me.

It turns out my processed hair just couldn't take a weekly brushing, especially not by something as densely bristled as this brush. It's like several fine toothed combs in a row, even if they're soft! My dusty brush was a typical paddle and the difference is pretty large.

When I did my last search and destroy, the splits and thinned hairs were insane. Some were probably two or three inches long. I haven't had splits like that in years, not since the days I was putting relaxers ON TOP OF relaxers. My hair is also thinned on the bottom, thinner than it was at the beginning of my long hair journey when I wasn't taking care of my hair. It's just so disappointing that it's going to take so long to grow back. I have like 6 inches that should come off if I'm brave enough. And for me, that's a year. My hair would look okay, not great, if I took off half of that, but I'm considering just cutting off that amount and taking a break from wearing my hair down, braiding or bunning for 6 months and then trimming again.

I was convinced I was doing my hair a favour and I trashed it. It sucks!

I think it's good to know my hair doesn't like brushes, especially not tight ones! And especially not on wet hair. Even my unprocessed hair was affected by the Tangle Teezer (only slightly but still), so I don't even think having fully natural hair would have saved me from the damage. My hair just can't take friction like that. Now, I know.

I will be purchasing a seamless wide tooth comb and a paddle brush with smooth, wooden bristles, and using absolutely nothing else on my hair for the forseeable future. I guess tools ARE important. Now I have to set a new goal!