Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you use aloe vera gel and what do you use it for?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    CHIN/SHLDR/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default How do you use aloe vera gel and what do you use it for?

I've read here and there on the forum that aloe vera gel is good for various things (styling, moisture, tangles, shedding) and I'm considering getting some for myself to try it out.

Who uses it and what specific effect/problems do you use it for? How much do you use? How do you use it (on wet or dry hair etc.)

Sorry if there's already a thread like this but I couldn't find one!
    Regrowing naturally!

Length
    Pixie/52/Term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: How do you use aloe vera gel and what do you use it for?

Another related question: Is it relatively easy to find the non-green stuff in bulk? (In Canada/online)?

Length
    30/39/40
    Type
    1c/M/ii

No answer here but I'm concerned about this tread as I don't know how to use my aloe vera gel on hair too .
    Last edited by Alienor; May 7th, 2012 at 03:08 AM.

Length
    33 in/37/4ever
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Same here. I apply blended aloe vera on my hair (with castor oil). The result was so great. However, there is one problem. White small residue was left on my hair. It seems like a lice and it is annoying.. Can anyone tell me why it did happened? Maybe because I did not filter the mask and I let it stay for too long (about 5 hours or more). But overall, I do really love the result and I want to use aloe vera again but I want to prevent having white residue when I use it again.

Length
    Chin/TBL/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by darlex View Post
    Same here. I apply blended aloe vera on my hair (with castor oil). The result was so great. However, there is one problem. White small residue was left on my hair. It seems like a lice and it is annoying.. Can anyone tell me why it did happened? Maybe because I did not filter the mask and I let it stay for too long (about 5 hours or more). But overall, I do really love the result and I want to use aloe vera again but I want to prevent having white residue when I use it again.
    Maybe part of the aloe vera dried on your hair. Did you cover your head with a shower cap, to prevent the mask from drying?

Length
    shldr/tlbn/fgrtp
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I use AVG/shea butter to stick the ends of my curls together so they don't separate. When I plan on wearing my hair curly instead of combed out, I finger comb some AVG/shea butter through the length, run my fingers along the parts of the hair that curl in the same pattern to make them stick together, and press a little extra on the ends. I do this all while it's between damp and wet and let it dry that way. It defines my curls for about two days. I could spray it with water and redo it but usually I just comb it out after that and wear it wavy.
    Even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like day. Search me, God, and know my heart...And lead me in the way everlasting. -Psalm 139

I use it as a hair gel on towel dried hair by applying all over nad combing through. I also use it when I do an SMT.

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

In addition to using it as a gentle hair gel, it's good for moisture treatments like the aforementioned SMT.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    Chin/22/Clasc
    Type
    2a/F/ii

This is good to know! I have a BUNCH of aloe vera gel that an old roommate left behind, and the only thing I've used it for is sunburn relief...As I haven't been using most commercial hair products, it's nice to know I can open up a bottle of that stuff and put it in my hair, too .

Length
    20/25/34
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Gel can be applied on scalp, which reduces hair falling.Same can be used on skin for burns and to lighten acne scars. It gives best result in irritable bowel syndrom(daily intake)