Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you use aloe vera gel and what do you use it for?

Default Re: How do you use aloe vera gel and what do you use it for?

1. I use it as a hair gel, I put some into my ends to enhance my curls while my hair is still wet after washing.

2. I use it in my hairspray, where I mix it with essential oils, jojoba oil and sea salt.

Length
    20/25/34
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spookyghost View Post
    Good for my hair and colon-thank you! I did not know that and I have IBS so I have two wonderful reasons to use it!
    Please do not forget to tell me the results ..

Length
    10/15/?
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I use it straight from the garden, cut the leaf open, scrape it off, apply to my scalp. It has helped me a great deal with itching, dandruff and hair fall. I rinse it off after a while or sometimes leave it on. I have also tried it with coconut milk and rosemary both ground fresh in my mixer.smells good and great for hair.

Length
    Ear/shldr/Waist
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii

I use it to slick down flyaway hairs in my updos. Basically like a hair gel. I use it on dry hair but it works for wet hair too.
    Reached BSL November 2013!
    Goal: tailbone

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I add a bit to my conditioner when i CO (kind of like a mini SMT), as a body and face moisturiser and as a leave in (i've had good results on both dry and damp hair).

I've just mixed up some aloe vera gel with coconut oil as a leave in, it doesn't combine amazingly because of the oil seperating if left to stand but im hoping it will help me get a nice even distibution of the two instead of applying both seperatly.

These days my 'beauty kit' for hair and body just consists of cheap conditioner, aloe vera gel and coconut oil - nice and simple with great results

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I use it as a hair gel on the rare occasion that I want my hair to be down and super defined. I use it like I would any other gel, flipping my hair over to get it in the crown (NOT combing fingers through, just smooshing it about), then going back to right-side-up and fingercombing more AVG into the length.

I also have been using it as a moisturizer of sorts (well, combining it with my moisturizer for the most part, but its like 80% AVG 20% moisturizer) to help clear up my acne/fix my red marks since stupid me decided to pick at *all* the lumpy spots and caused a ton of open wounds. My face is healing nicely, it's been almost a week and my face looks much better.

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...

Length
    20/26/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Thx for the tips !! my father-in-law brought me a bottle of aloe vera gel from spain and i had no idea what to use it for
    didnt even think i could use it on my hair

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by neet View Post
    Gel can be applied on scalp, which reduces hair falling.Same can be used on skin for burns and to lighten acne scars. It gives best result in irritable bowel syndrom(daily intake)
    I was under the impression that aloe vera gel was inedible, or at least the preservatives in most store-bought forms are.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    BSL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

the kind you buy in the store for sunburns is definitely inedible but if you buy the 100% aloe vera gel exactly as is from the plant it is edible. They even have aloe vera juice you can buy and they definitely tout its benefits for the digestive system in marketing it lol. you just have to be careful what kind you buy if youre planning on ingesting it.

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by florenonite View Post
    I was under the impression that aloe vera gel was inedible, or at least the preservatives in most store-bought forms are.
    Most of it is inedible when you buy it, even at my local health food shops its only 99.9% Aloe gel because it has preservatives. Make sure it says food grade on it before consuming (or use straight from the plant). The edible version is usually sold in juice form from my experience rather than as a gel