Thread: Hair update (pics)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    SHLDR/SHLDR/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Hair update (pics)

I've been feeling pretty bad about my hair for a while, ever since I cut it short in January. I've gotten a lot of negative comments from my mom, she ever threatened to make me start straightening and dying my hair so I do something with it!

No one around me seems to care about my own personal goals, and tend to look at my hair like its some sort of rats nest. It makes me feel sad, and I dont really know how to style it because its short and thick.

But today I looked at the this photo from Jan 22nd, when I cut my hair and went and put the same shirt back on and looked at the length difference. The couple inches I was in about 4 months made me all happy inside and kinda made my day a bit better.

Jan 22nd:

Today:

Oh, the humidity! woolyleprechaun's Avatar
    Length
    1inch/38/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Hair update (pics)

Its growing!!! Dont be disheartened, these things happen. Although I would suggest you (politely) ignore others comments on your hair, even family. Those who matter dont mind and those that mind dont matter....
    Now measuring in at 37 inches, or BCL. Classic by Christmas '15 is a real possibility! Yeah, that's my clothes horse in the pic. I'm that glam.
    Lady Maurelle of the Soggy Nation

Jack of All Braids meishkamooshka's Avatar
    Length
    APL/Waist/Long!
    Type
    2a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by woolyleprechaun View Post
    Its growing!!! Dont be disheartened, these things happen. Although I would suggest you (politely) ignore others comments on your hair, even family. Those who matter dont mind and those that mind dont matter....

^^^^ Couldn't have said it better myself!

Can I call this hip?
    Next stop: BCL!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I don't know why people don't understand that while they're entitled to their opinions, they aren't entitled to beat other people over the head with them. One thing my son tells me when I give "helpful advice" about something is "I already have a plan."

Length
    17 in/19 in/waist
    Type
    1a/F/i

It really does look longer! And healthy too!

Length
    27 in/33 in/Hip
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

Your hair looks good. Tell your mom your growing it long. Happy growing.

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

It looks longer and healthier.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    2''/APL/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Your hair looks good. I like the texture and thickness. It's beautiful.

I remember how my stepmother thaught me "how to take care of my hair" when I was 16. She told me that hair that's not dyed and styled with heat and products looks too childish. She was propably trying to help me but she didn't realize that her view just wasn't everybodys' view. I guess your mother is kind of like that too. Propably just trying to help but isn't really helping. Don't let it upset you.
    1b/F/ii
    Started from a very short pixie at April 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla Nyx View Post
    I've been feeling pretty bad about my hair for a while, ever since I cut it short in January. I've gotten a lot of negative comments from my mom, she ever threatened to make me start straightening and dying my hair so I do something with it!

No one around me seems to care about my own personal goals, and tend to look at my hair like its some sort of rats nest. It makes me feel sad, and I dont really know how to style it because its short and thick.

But today I looked at the this photo from Jan 22nd, when I cut my hair and went and put the same shirt back on and looked at the length difference. The couple inches I was in about 4 months made me all happy inside and kinda made my day a bit better.

Jan 22nd:

Today:

When is your life your life, and not the property of others to influence or say what goes?

heidi w.

By Lady Godiva
    Avatar Photo: Bruce Folck, Blue Dragon Photography. Profile Photo: LJC

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Your hair is looking so long and thick! It looks so pretty, I'm not sure what your mom is wanting you to do differently? It's weird you said rats nest, that is exactly how my mom described my hair over 40 years ago...I guess some things never change. Hang in there!
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights