Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hair update (pics)

Length
    SHLDR/SHLDR/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Hair update (pics)

Thanks guys, ive been trying to deal with her ever since i cut it and its made me so sad. Im glad i can look to you guys for help and comfort

Length
    16"/TBL/TBL
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Wow! It's really growing long.
    Please don't be discouraged by your mother's remarks.
    I saw my dad for the first time in years and the first thing he said to me was "You wear your hair too long."
    Lady Rose of the Angels in the Order Of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    SHLDR/SHLDR/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Thank you (: for the most part I try ignoring her remarks about my hair, but lately its been rubbing me the wrong way..

Length
    17/31.5/45
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Your hair is beautiful, and a lot like mine at that length... I'm very iii, but other than that I think we're hair twins! As far as styling goes, have you tried a gibson tuck? That worked so well for me when my hair was the same length as yours, and looks so pretty.
    "All of us are lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
    Shoulder (19)-APL (24)-BSL (26.5)-Waist (31)-Hip (33.5)-BCL (38.5)-TB (40)-Classic (45)

Length
    CL/~BSL/BSL+?
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

You have such gorgeous hair, and it's definitely growing! Hang in there, don't let people drag you down about your length goals. My fiance keeps saying he'll cut mine short if I let it get past about APL, let's see what he says when I hit waist

It's your hair, don't let her mean comments change your goals! Besides, how could she make you straighten it???
    Sloooowly growing to BSL+

Length
    -/TB/Knee
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

You have such beautiful thick hair! and it grows so quickly! you'll be at tailbone in no time!!

It's hard to hear negative comments from people you love and who's opinion means a lot to you. However seeing you've been unhappy I think your mother is trying to help in her own way. She believes that if you get a change it'll make you feel better. She has a point usually change has a positive effect however you've already decided what change you want. You want to grow it long!

Maybe if you sit down with your Mum tell her that growing your hair is a personal challenge and the change you're looking for and that her support means a lot to you. On the flip side you could keep your hair up around the house that way it'll stop getting on your mum's nerves and it'll be better for your hair.

She's your mother not an 'other' you can just ignore or get rid of. Take it with a little humor and try and accommodate as best you can. It's not worth the anguish. Also she's probably worried about you and wants you to be happy. Tell her how you feel and what you're doing for yourself to help yourself feel better.

HTH