Thread: Successfully lightened indigo with Coloroops. No green!

Length
    6"/BSL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default Successfully lightened indigo with Coloroops. No green!

Hi all!

I had some successes today using Color Oops to lighten my hendigoed (I did it about one week ago) hair. I left the color Oops on for 3 hours (using guidance from this thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=85463) and then applied a honey and distilled water treatment. I wish I had the forethought to take pictures, so unfortunately you'll have to take my word on this one. Right before I rinsed the Color Oops out, I could see that my hair was lighter and had green streaks in it. However, I rinsed for the advised 30 minutes and when I got out the green was gone! I would guess that my hair is a full 3 shades lighter and much more red. My hair was a dark brown, and my natural color is light mousy brown so I'm trying to get it closer to that. I'll be doing a few more treatments since it seems the green won't be an issue!

Length
    3/16/25
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Successfully lightened indigo with Coloroops. No green!

Isn't indigo stubborn? My problem was I put it over previously bleached hair, so it latched on for dear life. I got a lot lighter with vitamin C and shampoo, but when I went red, my indigo ends refused to be vibrant... so I had to snip it all off. Glad you had luck!

Length
    6"/BSL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/i

MagicalMystery, I think it worked so well for me because I had only used indigo a week ago? I used it on henna'ed hair, and right now after 1 Color Oops treatment it is back to that henna'ed color and you can't really tell I ever used indigo. It worked super well, but probably just because I did it so recently?

What is the Vitamin C treatment? I've seen that on here but can't remember where; I'd like to try it!

Length
    6"/BSL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/i

Just an update, after my hair dried and I looked in the mirror, I was shocked to see that I had my natural color back. That's right--ONE color oops treatment and I had my natural color. From a dark brown hendigo to a light mousy brown. I'm doing one more Color Oops treatment to try to get any remaining red out, but WOW! I loved using henna but it's expensive, especially for a poor grad student like me! So now I can save that money and just enjoy my natural hair

Type
    2a/F/ii

I'm glad you got your hair lightened as you wanted to have it. And hey it's cheaper than getting it bleached at the salon as you initially wanted to do, plus way less damaging.

Congrats!

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Oh congratulations!!
    It's great to hear of people getting rid of indigo without their hair turning green, as I know what problems it can cause from reading lots of horror stories!

I have a pack of color b4 on my shelf waiting until I get up the nerve to try it (hoping to get rid of henna) I'm thinking, from what I've read, if it does work at all, it will definitely take more than one treatment.

How long had you been using henna for?

Length
    6"/BSL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/i

MonaMayFair, I have been using henna for less than a year now, and I only did one full hair treatment and the rest were just my roots. I only hendigoed once, and that was one week ago exactly. I think it worked so well because maybe I had so few layers of the henna on my hair? I'm going to do a couple more color fix treatments today to get some remaining red out. It seems while I slept it became more red looking. But the important part, the indigo is gone!

I hope it works for you as well! I saw on the other thread about using color oops to remove henna that she took 4 treatments. I've done 2, and I'll 2 two more today. Best of luck!

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Thanks for replying! I've used henna for a few years, the top few inches should be ok because it's mostly cassia, but the length is all henna and all red!

I will try the color b4 at some point, but I'm shedding more than usual at the moment, so I don't want to make it worse by messing around with my hair too much...