Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone heard of this hair theory? I thought it was interesting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Has anyone heard of this hair theory? I thought it was interesting

I found a few articles on this theory and thought I'd share it I tried to search and see if it was discussed before but couldn't find anything, so I'm sorry if i repeated information

Anyways, there was a theory I found about hair being the human antenna and how it would help with gaining energy and moods or something like that.

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Uncut_Hair

http://templeoftheola.weebly.com/long-hair-truth.html

Length
    20 ?/clasi/knee
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Has anyone heard of this hair theory? I thought it was interesting

Sorry, the second link doesn't load for me.

Reading the first now

Oh I'm sorry :'(
    Here's another one: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread782901/pg1

Hopefully this works

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightShadow View Post
    I found a few articles on this theory and thought I'd share it I tried to search and see if it was discussed before but couldn't find anything, so I'm sorry if i repeated information

Anyways, there was a theory I found about hair being the human antenna and how it would help with gaining energy and moods or something like that.

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Uncut_Hair

http://templeoftheola.weebly.com/long-hair-truth.html
    A lot of new age type people believe in this. People running in those kind of circles tend to believe in the energy of things, such as crystals and rocks having energy. I don't know, but I am not an authority on it. My hair has yet to stand on end over such a thing. These ideas have been running around for a very long time in human history. I do believe there's an energy to things, but not so sure about hair. I mean, it is dead once it sprouts out of your skull. Only the root is alive.

But then, hair samples are used in crime and medical cases. In medical cases, hair behavior is often a first sign of a problem, although a whole lot of people simply don't know that. It can show hunger, health issues such as some kidney issues, certainly, hair sample is in fact the most reliable evidence that a person is or is not a drug user, for example. Some there's some merit perhaps to the idea.

heidi w.

By Lady Godiva
    Avatar Photo: Bruce Folck, Blue Dragon Photography. Profile Photo: LJC

Length
    20 ?/clasi/knee
    Type
    1b/F/i

I need to be more awake to comprehend the first link. Its3.35 am here.

I did see some of the Christian stuff in there and that is a round about reason I keep my hair long. ( do trim though. )

I'll read again after a sleep <3

( Insomnia sufferer here lol )

Thank You for posting this, it does appear to be an interesting read

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Those are interesting articles! I intuitively feel that there is something special and unique about long hair, at least for me, but its hard to really describe it.
    All Shall Be Well,
    And All Shall Be Well,
    And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well.

I read in another article that some may also use hair to be able to tell ur life story. They described it to be similar to the trunk of a tree (with the rings and such) but I found it to be interesting though

@Blondecat, I apologize about ur insomnia and can sympathize lol ^^

Length
    chin/SL/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I remember a thread about how native American trackers lost their amazing tracking abilities after getting military hair cuts. Someone called urban legend on that one. It's a very interesting topic, regardless of the science of hair. Hair and the traditions surrounding it certainly have a strong (often unconscious) psychological influence on people, if nothing else. Same thing with clothing, mind. The question is whether spiritual/intuitive people grow their hair long (because of long-standing associations between long hair and closeness to nature/the spiritual), or whether long hair indeed makes you more in tune with things. Or, you know, whether long hair is even more common among intuitive/spiritual people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jing View Post
    I remember a thread about how native American trackers lost their amazing tracking abilities after getting military hair cuts. Someone called urban legend on that one. It's a very interesting topic, regardless of the science of hair. Hair and the traditions surrounding it certainly have a strong (often unconscious) psychological influence on people, if nothing else. Same thing with clothing, mind. The question is whether spiritual/intuitive people grow their hair long (because of long-standing associations between long hair and closeness to nature/the spiritual), or whether long hair indeed makes you more in tune with things. Or, you know, whether long hair is even more common among intuitive/spiritual people.
    I suspect that long hair is more common amoungst intuitive/spiritual people because they have a greater tendency to see below the surface, therefore spent less time 'individualising' the surface. Society teaches us (with varying degreess of success) to look to the superficial details. For those who do, they spend a lot of time tending to and honing those details.

Unicorn