Thread: 3 things in one...

Length
    24/31/?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/i/ii

Default 3 things in one...

1) I got a hair compliment that even though I do funky colors(some bleaching) and dye with semi permament no amonia it looks like my hair is still soo healthy.. My hairdresser and mom in law told me.... 2) Does amonia free semi hair color still damage hair? How much if so? 3) I'm loving my hair it's almost waist just touching so not really yet,, Im enjoying braiding and bunning and just playing with it. I havent figured out posting pics So i am adding 2 newest shots today to my album hopefully you can look and comment if so desire I'm just really happy tonight......................P.S. one more thing I wish someone could help me understand why does Hair color conditioner make your hair feel soooo nice...???
    to feel hair all over back....WOW I just measured I am 32 inches 7-5-12

Length
    CL/~BSL/BSL+?
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: 3 things in one...

The color I usually use is ammonia free, and so far the only damage I've ever gotten from using it was when I had to bleach it out. The color didn't harm it at all.
    Sloooowly growing to BSL+

Length
    14"/-/-
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

If it's truly ammonia free, I wouldn't call it damaging. However, the application would most likely alter the pH of your hair, at least temporarily, which isn't good.

If you're not seeing negative results, I wouldn't worry about it.

Length
    Chin/Bra/WKs?
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tweetylonghair View Post
    P.S. one more thing I wish someone could help me understand why does Hair color conditioner make your hair feel soooo nice...???
    Hi Tweety .

When the cuticles of hair are opened, or in other words, "porous", moisture as well as anything else you want it to retain (such as color) easily escapes. The more alkaline something is, the more porous it will cause your hair to be, but the more acidic something is, the better it will keep the cuticles from raising which will better seal in what you put on it. Hair is at its best when its cuticles are nice and tightly sealed. It shines and holds in moisture.

In answer to your question, conditioners and other products for color treated hair are formulated to be extra acidic in order to help the hair cuticles stay sealed which helps to preserve the color. In doing so, it has an added effect of improving the hair's condition since hair generally likes acidity. Hope this helps .
    Last edited by rena; May 5th, 2012 at 12:59 AM.
    Chin, SL, BSL, APL, BAPL, MDBL, WST, TB, BigCHOP
    I'll Whip My Hair Back And Forth

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rena View Post
    Hi Tweety .

When the cuticles of hair are opened, or in other words, "porous", moisture as well as anything else you want it to retain (such as color) easily escapes. The more alkaline something is, the more porous it will cause your hair to be, but the more acidic something is, the better it will keep the cuticles from raising which will better seal in what you put on it. Hair is at its best when its cuticles are nice and tightly sealed. It shines and holds in moisture.

In answer to your question, conditioners and other products for color treated hair are formulated to be extra acidic in order to help the hair cuticles stay sealed which helps to preserve the color. In doing so, it has an added effect of improving the hair's condition since hair generally likes acidity. Hope this helps .
    Oh wow, I never knew that, very intresting, I color my hair also so this helps and makes alot of sense.
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)