Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: help with those temple white hairs

Length
    2/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: help with those temple white hairs

I'm going to be 37 this month - but I just don't really like the graying pattern I am starting to get , like I said it's very masculine looking to me ..there's no 'meh' emoticon...Oh no! little girl haircuts! I have avoided my boy cutting my hair ( knock on wood) My hair is layered right now - and I'm kind of hating it . C'est la vie.
    Oh I meant to say thanks about my hair!!

NO problem!! How long have you had your white hairs?? It's so depressing for me everytime I find another one. OR they find me. I'm doing henna now, you too, no?? It would help if henna for do it's thing in an hour or less, but oh well. Is your hair about medium density or high?? I think one of the reasons my hair isn't as thick is because I now don't brush out the curls, but rather let them do their thing, so now my hair isn't all separated and straight-ish, less dense. I hope that's what it is but I had some hair loss after the third baby. And about those layers, I hear ya, they take SOOOOOOOOOO long to get out. When I was young, I had so much hair, they layered it for me on purpose to not scare off people with my big ambush hair, but now. . . . as I"m crying. . . .I wish I had that hair back!

Length
    pixie/clssc/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/i

If there are only 3 or 4, no one is noticing them except you. And having a few silvers in your early 30s is no guarantee that you will be prematurely grey: I got my first sparklie at 33 and now at 45 I am just getting to the point where I see a glint of silver in a casual glance - I have maybe a couple dozen on my whole head?
    avatar image from Blondine and Bonne-Biche by Virginia Frances Sterrett

Length
    2/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I have just started getting grays in the past year, before that I had maybe one or two. I started doing 2 step henna and indigo because it's basically the same as my natural color , soft black. My hair is Medium to Fine , I use henna - indigo only like once every 4 months because I am lazy and busy- but I noticed that it stays on my grays a lot longer if I sleep in the henna overnight before doing the indigo.
    I have heard good things about Elumen colors but I have no idea if it is available in France. So basically I am not very much help lol.

Length
    chin/SL/?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

I have the same issue - I'm 39 and my temples are going quite gray, though the rest of my hair isn't. I henna and the grays are either bright red or gray, both of which show up pretty obviously in my otherwise almost black hair! Still, I don't worry much about it, I doubt that many people spend much time staring at my temples. I kind of like some color variation anyway, it's interesting. I don't worry a whole lot about what other people think at this point in my life, though when I was younger I think I cared more about that.

Length
    ~APL/33/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I have a white streak on my temple that's making it's way into my bangs. I colored it with a mix of henna and cassia about 5 months ago, but it's pretty much totally faded and is VERY obvious when my hair is pulled back. I don't color all of my hair and I am very reluctant to start because I'm only 20 and I don't want to deal with the upkeep. So, no advice, but I understand how frustrating that is. And if it's only 3 or 4 hairs, no one can see them...mine is at least 20-30.

Goal is a couple of inches longer with thicker ends and longer layers!

Length
    15/31/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/M/iii

Well I am 30 as of Tuesday and I have sliver starting in my bangs. At this point I am refusing to color. But just a little FYI. I worked in a beauty shop when I was younger and the cosmotoligest would talk about how much harder it is to cover silver and white hair. I also remember her saying that the color would have to sit longer in order for it to take on silver and white. Might be something to try.

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

One reason the colour may not last is you have "colour resistant white/silver".I hated my gray at the time,the colour wouldn't take so I went to salons.same problem.They told me I had the colour resistant type of gray[not everyone gets this type of grays/white]They told me I'd have to have them "pretreat" the grays with more chemicals to help them accept the dye,then they'd apply the colour dye after.At that point I called it quits for dyeing.I don't know if you have or will have this type of colour resistant grays,maybe go to a salon and get it done there and see what happens.Ironically once my grays grew out I loved the colour!!!Now I just wish I had more of them, and that I'd stopped dyeing sooner.The salon also told me that colour resistant gray tends to make a really pretty colour of silver/white so to anyone else that has this type of hair,keep that in mind.
    Last edited by dulce; May 5th, 2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: spelling

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Check out" Going gorgeously gray'' group on face book.We have all ages ,this group celebrates silver hair and helps give support to those in transition.There are 2 great videos on utube,Gray and proud vol 1 and vol 2.Vol 2 has great before and afters.We have all ages,several are early 30s,some a bit younger,plus the regular 40's and up crowd.You will see gray can be beautiful.
    Last edited by dulce; May 24th, 2014 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks to all for sharing. And I don't have just 3 or 4 now. 7 in that same temple area, and about 50 white hairs in total, a guesstimate. So it keeps coming on surely and steadily and I'm only 33. So you all make me feel better that we're in the same boat, struggling with this (they grow so fast and sparkle at me) issue, but many of you are closer to 40. I'd be able to handle it easier if I were in my 40's, but then again I'm getting closer and closer and am not that far away!