Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: help with those temple white hairs

Length
    24 in/48in/term
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: help with those temple white hairs

Quote Originally Posted by mamaherrera View Post
    Yes I am definitely not ready for mine too. I like your idea A LOT about learning to look in the mirror and only see things that I like. I'm the opposite (hint: negative) where I look, and go looking for the things I don't like, so I see those sparklies right away, because theyr'e in the front where there's little hair and because I look for what I don't like. I should look at the other bigger percent of my beautiful brown hair.
    My mother was a great role model, for sure. She had many fine qualities, but physical beauty was not her strong suit, and even if it had been, she was just too bust DOING to ever worry about it. She would get up in the morning and make sure her clothes were clean and whole, she would do her hair simply, simple make up and off and running. She just didn't worry about it. My dad was very good looking- he could have given Cary Grant a run for his money, and when my mom was young, her friends would ask her how she landed such a dream-boat. The answer was that my dad didn't care a hoot about looks. His favorite saying was "Pretty is as pretty does." I heard him say that a thousand times if I heard him say it once. So while I am very much a girly girl and love to make up and have long hair (who could have guessed?), I just don't focus too much on my appearance. I mean, I do focus on it, but I'd go crazy and get depressed if I critiqued all of the flaws I see when I look in the mirror. It would make me unhappy and for what? So I have fun primping and try to look as nice as I can, but purposefully ignore anything I don't like that it's better to just accept. I know the "flaws" are there, but I try to pay no attention to them.
    Last edited by AmyBeth; May 23rd, 2014 at 09:56 PM. Reason: duplicate post

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I started getting some white hairs in my late 20's.

Just want to clarify, when you all say temple hairs, are you talking about the ones that are first hairs on the temples, the short tiny ones??? Someone said not to worry because they are off to the side, but when I look in the mirror, they are in that first little patch of hairs that look at me and sparkle in the mirror. Is there a different name for those hairs, or are those temple hairs?