Thread: Greetings!

Length
    Pixie/52/Term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Greetings!

Hello everyone!

I have been reading oodles and oodles of posts for the last week or so and I have learned so much! I believe I now understand why people say they have an internet addition *sigh* oh dear. This place is fantastic!

I guess I should introduce myself. Although I'm new to LHC, I have been growing my hair out since Nov 2009. I started with a short pixie cut and I haven't even trimmed since then. It's now down to BSL but I have lots of hairs that are all different lengths because I started with the pixie. It was dyed when I started, but to look at it, it seems like all the dye has grown out, but I'm not sure how to tell for sure.

My goal is to grow to terminal and have it as healthy as possible without trimming (The no-trimming is part of my religious beliefs).

I'm very excited to have some fellow long hairs to chat with! There are not many people in my area right now that understand the long hair philosophy. (I am currently teaching overseas).

Anyhow, I hope I did this right- I've never posted to a forum before.

Cheers!
    -hairconvictions

Length
    18/47/53
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Greetings!

Welcome to LHC, fellow Newbie!

You grew from pixie to BSL in only two and a half years?! That's awesome!

I'm also growing dye out, ugh, it's a sloooow process, isn't it? I can't tell exactly where the virgin hair ends and the dye begins since the dye faded so much over these past few years of growing it out. I'm actually quite relieved it faded because I looked ridiculous for a couple years with two-tone hair.

LHC will be so helpful in your hair journey, the people here are so knowledgeable and honest. I wish I found this place years ago!

Good luck on your Terminal goal. See you around the Forums!

hairconvictions,

If no trimming is part of your religious beliefs, how did you get pixie hair? Did you have cancer? Just curious, that's all.

Length
    Pixie/52/Term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

MeowScat: Agreed! I felt the first year growing it out was the worst, mostly because there were no ways to put it up that didn't look ridiculous! On my wedding day, you could still see a distinct difference in color but luckily my hair stylist hid it well with lots of curls!

elanrach: Valid question; I guess I should've clarified that. I wasn't always religious; it's a new found passion