Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Washing hair everyday?!

Length
    20"/26/32
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Washing hair everyday?!

I've given up every single one of my old, bad hair habits except washing everyday. For some strange reason, I feel gross going to bed without having washed my hair. I've always been one of those people who has to feel clean going to bed- even when I was a small child. Anyway, I now know that even with my hair type, it's not necessary to wash everyday, but I still do. I've been using sls free shampoo and washing only my scalp. I also co wash every other day, but I still get my hair wet every night. I also don't blow dry. Does anyone else wash everyday and do you think it's harmful to hair's health or growth? I might be willing to give it up if it actually makes a difference. Thanks.

Length
    CL/~BSL/BSL+?
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Washing hair everyday?!

I'm the same. I physically cannot go multiple days without washing it, because to me it feels unhygienic (not to knock those who do stretch washes, I don't think of you as dirty! ) and because taking a shower without washing my hair just feels... weird.
    I don't think it's harmful to my hair at all. It feels best when it's CLEAN, and it's cleanest when I wash daily. I just measured my hair and have gotten a little over 1.5" in the past 3 weeks, due to rinsing my hair with rooibos and aloe vera after showering. Daily. There's no way it's hurting my growth.
    Sloooowly growing to BSL+

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

At 60 my hair has grown from a pixie to past waist[with trims] in 3 1/2 years and I wash daily.My scalp is happier with a daily wash and my hair hasn't suffered.It doesn't work for everyone but some people do better with washing daily.

Length
    15.5/28.75/30
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I recently started washing every other day instead of ever day. My hair has gotten much softer and it doesnt break as much either. My scalp is less oily now too. I think i might start going every three days.

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I always washed every day, just about a year ago switched to every other day. My hair is a bit past knee and grows like a weed. Washing every day works for some people, if it works, why change? I only went to every other day because it is less work.

Length
    shldr/tlbn/fgrtp
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

If your hair isn't getting damaged, why not? I definitely could NOT wash everyday or I would have a fuzzball of hair. But that's just me. Oily scalps are more common so washing everyday might be good. I think it also has a lot to do with how you grew up and your normal routine, because I never washed my hair normally more than once per week so my scalp is used to it. If you have always washed everyday I can imagine it would be hard to change.
    Even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like day. Search me, God, and know my heart...And lead me in the way everlasting. -Psalm 139

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I used to wash every day until a professional hairdresser told me I had dry scalp and needed to wash at the most twice a week, unless I got really dirty or sweaty. Some people, however, not only prefer to wash their hair daily, but their hair benefits from it.

Length
    5/?/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I've washed my hair every other day for about 15 years and only recently started washing it every day. It's made a big difference for my hair. My scalp is less irritated, and my hair feels and looks healthier and it's not even because I use different shampoos now. I'm sticking to the organic stuff without all the weird things in them, hahaha. I think it's a good idea to try different washing methods out and see what works for you. Some people probably don't get much out of stretching washes while other people do.

Length
    20"/26/32
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I feel like my hair is growing too slowly although I don't know if that's just me being impatient or if I'm doing something to cause breakage- I also s & d and continue to get split ends all over a couple days later. I don't comb my hair while wet. I do sleep on it though and will sometimes braid it. It might be better off if I did wash every other day. I just can't bring myself to not be grossed out- not that it's gross for other people.. Just my own little OCD- like quirk.

Length
    bsl/33"/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

I wash daily. Sometimes I skip a wash if I feel it's not needed, but then I shed more (I didn't really count shed hair, but by looks the amount shed after two days is more than twice the aount shed after a single day; it was similar in the old days whenI washed every other day and sometimes streched to three), so I'd claim it's better for my hair to be washed more often.
    Go figure.