Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    2"/5"/APL
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Default Hello all

Hi all,

Thought it was time to introduce myself as I have lurked for a while.

I'm Louise (or Lou) and have decided after years of short hair it's time to grow it. I had BSL hair in my 20's (I'm 41 now) but have pretty much had either short pixie type styles or chin length bobs hair ever since. I dyed it back to it's natural warm mid/dark brown shade and had a pixie cut. (On the plus side I can't see any greys yet so hopefully I'll be like my mom and not go grey for a few more years, I think she was early 50's).

The reason I had it cut quite short first was to try rid get rid of the bleached damaged areas as much as I could without actually shaving it all off. That was a few weeks ago and I now have just over an inch of regrowth but the dye has matched pretty well so it can be hard to tell.

I have quite fine hair which is not the fastest growing hair in the world so I know I have a long road to walk but I am hoping this will be the place to keep me on track and not have me running to my hairdresser to cut it off. It's hard though as I am just about to enter mullettville...YIKES!!! I have an appointment on friday but just to tidy up the neck line until the sides grow down to meet it.

Louise x

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Hello all

Welcome to LHC! You are not alone, many of us have made it through the mullet stage!
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12/34.5/39
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Welcome Lou; be strong, you'll get through mullettville.
    Life is uncertain; eat dessert First. Robert Heinlein

Length
    2"/5"/APL
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Glad to be here