Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Hair Toy Trends that Annoy You

Length
    29 "/33"/MORE
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: Hair Toy Trends that Annoy You

Banana clips, so much so that I never tried to wear them, and big claw clips that people use to hold all their hair up... made of plastic with hair destroying seams. I think it might be ok if they were made of wood or bakelite, but I dislike both the look and the seams...

I like the japanese word Kanzashi.
    "I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind. I should not be ungrateful to these teachers" Kahlil Gibran.

What is a banana clip?

ON MY WAY TO WAIST

This is a banana clip.
    I couldn't get them to work in my hair during the 80s. I always ended up looking like I had a floppy mohawk on the back of my head.

Length
    2''/APL/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

We should also have "Hair Toy Trends that You Love" -thread. Phone cord hair ties are a new thing, right? I have fallen in love with them but I know they look scary. I mean these: http://image.dhgate.com/albu_215540238_00/1.0x0.jpg
    1b/F/ii
    Started from a very short pixie at April 2011

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
    I've never tried the multiple small claw clips on the outside of a bun, actually. I wonder if it would hold my hair well. I understand the point about the ficcare being anchored in only one spot and it tugging. I get that as well sometimes.
    And funnily enough, I never would have thought about using those around the bun to hold it, if it hadn't been for a lady here with calf-length M or C (?) hair! JJJLonghair. I think that's her username here. She uploaded a pretzel bun video, and that style has been my ol' faithful now for a few years as it's the only thing that'll hold, even though I don't have anywhere near her hair type. She anchors her hair in the video with several good-sized claw clips. So I tried it with the little ones since I have less hair, and it worked like a dream. Before that I think I asked myself the same thing you did though, Vanilla. I had no idea how anybody would use those little clips. For a while they were used here to create fake cornrows in fine/medium straight hair across the tops of people's heads. I think I tried that and of course they just slid right out!

But yeah, the Ficcares hurt after a few hours.

Islandboo...glad I'm not alone! I feel like sometimes I end up looking in the little girl's hair accessories for stuff my size. But then it's all pink stuff and daisies. LOL.

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by nerdymomma View Post
    Oh man, who remembers these horrible things? http://www.amazon.com/Caravan-Circle...6067838&sr=8-9
    Ahhh yes... I sported these the same way as banana clips. Lots of curls and hairspray. Otherwise they would slip further and further back until I had a demented ponytail thing.

Ficcares don't hurt my head after awhile? But I only use them with a couple styles: gibralter bun (#1 choice), and infinity (the L way).

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingSoLong View Post
    Ficcares don't hurt my head after awhile? But I only use them with a couple styles: gibralter bun (#1 choice), and infinity (the L way).
    They don't hurt my head either, but they do if I wear a L in a lazy wrap bun instead of the M. Maybe try going down a size to see if that anchors your bun in place better, or try a different bun.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

This isn't a hair toy but I'm very annoyed at Pantene commercials that show hair flowing in slow motion and the hair is so shiny and perfect that I don't think it is real. If they were showing hair like that during a car commercial that would be different, but it's a commercial for hair care products so they are saying that you can have hair like this if you use their product. Those hair shots just can't be real, it's touched up somehow. OK, end of rant. Sorry and thank you.
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    They don't hurt my head either, but they do if I wear a L in a lazy wrap bun instead of the M. Maybe try going down a size to see if that anchors your bun in place better, or try a different bun.
    Oddly enough, I have my new large maximas in today for the first time ever, and it's so much more comfortable than the smalls I have. They didn't have any medium sized ones so I thought I'd try a large. I am surprised that so far, it has been so much more comfortable than the small. This is the first time I've ever worn a large one of these.

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Calling them "toys" annoys me no end.
    ROFL. I know it's the way things are said around here for the most part, but I have to agree.
    current length: chin/bob growing out undercut | first goal length: BSL