Quote Originally Posted by MsBubbles View Post
And funnily enough, I never would have thought about using those around the bun to hold it, if it hadn't been for a lady here with calf-length M or C (?) hair! JJJLonghair. I think that's her username here. She uploaded a pretzel bun video, and that style has been my ol' faithful now for a few years as it's the only thing that'll hold, even though I don't have anywhere near her hair type. She anchors her hair in the video with several good-sized claw clips. So I tried it with the little ones since I have less hair, and it worked like a dream. Before that I think I asked myself the same thing you did though, Vanilla. I had no idea how anybody would use those little clips. For a while they were used here to create fake cornrows in fine/medium straight hair across the tops of people's heads. I think I tried that and of course they just slid right out!

But yeah, the Ficcares hurt after a few hours.

Islandboo...glad I'm not alone! I feel like sometimes I end up looking in the little girl's hair accessories for stuff my size. But then it's all pink stuff and daisies. LOL.
Ooo thanks for the information about the updo to use with those little clips