Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Hair Toy Trends that Annoy You

Length
    SL/TBL/Class
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hair Toy Trends that Annoy You

Quote Originally Posted by MsBubbles View Post
    And funnily enough, I never would have thought about using those around the bun to hold it, if it hadn't been for a lady here with calf-length M or C (?) hair! JJJLonghair. I think that's her username here. She uploaded a pretzel bun video, and that style has been my ol' faithful now for a few years as it's the only thing that'll hold, even though I don't have anywhere near her hair type. She anchors her hair in the video with several good-sized claw clips. So I tried it with the little ones since I have less hair, and it worked like a dream. Before that I think I asked myself the same thing you did though, Vanilla. I had no idea how anybody would use those little clips. For a while they were used here to create fake cornrows in fine/medium straight hair across the tops of people's heads. I think I tried that and of course they just slid right out!

But yeah, the Ficcares hurt after a few hours.

Islandboo...glad I'm not alone! I feel like sometimes I end up looking in the little girl's hair accessories for stuff my size. But then it's all pink stuff and daisies. LOL.
    Ooo thanks for the information about the updo to use with those little clips
    May 2017
    Lady Rhoslynn Of Two Wheeled Thunder~Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/i/ii

Personally, I don't mind any of the three trends the OP mentioned, as long as they're tasteful-- That's the main priority for me.
    I actually like the flowered stuff... As long as it's dainty and of good quality. Small or small-ish, "real" (In quality/appearance) flowers for accents? I like that. Big obnoxious pink poofy things that are supposed to look like flowers, but are obviously low-quality and cheap? Not so much.
    Tastefully-placed gems on accessories? That's pretty. Barrettes covered in fake plastic gems? Nah.
    And some interesting feather accents, I think that can look really wild and cool. Random hodgepodge of feather clumps everywhere? Not quite...
    Honestly? To me, pretty much anything can be acceptable-- it's the tact behind it that matters.

However, what DOES annoy me is when things are, very obviously, low-quality and cheap... Can that can be considered a "trend"? I certainly do see it a lot. (I'll exclude ponytail holders and pins and the like from this-- I'm referring to actual accessories here.)
    It's like, if you're going to sell it, why not make it look good? If you're going to buy/wear it, why not take the time to get something that will hold up and looks nice? It's all in the eye of the beholder, I guess. Obviously it sells if they still make it.

As for the hair toy thing, I tend to call them "Hair Toys" when referring to a collective bunch of stuff, otherwise I call them what they are. (A fork, a stick, a flexi-8, etc.) It doesn't really bother me, though.

Oh, gosh! I stumbled across a banana clip while cleaning a while ago. Is it bad I couldn't even figure out how to use it? :P Probably for the best, given these posts!

And, yes (Almost done! ), I'll agree with what someone said a few posts back! I hate seeing those gorgeous, shiny, flowy locks in commercials. Baww, I want that! Too bad it's not possible with my hair!

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by swearnsue View Post
    This isn't a hair toy but I'm very annoyed at Pantene commercials that show hair flowing in slow motion and the hair is so shiny and perfect that I don't think it is real. If they were showing hair like that during a car commercial that would be different, but it's a commercial for hair care products so they are saying that you can have hair like this if you use their product. Those hair shots just can't be real, it's touched up somehow. OK, end of rant. Sorry and thank you.
    Someday . . . someday I shall manage to defeat the laws of nature and achieve real-life Pantene hair (^(oo)^)v
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Found some banana clips...they don't look too bad...and for 12 the price is very cheap...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1306898687...84.m1423.l2649

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

My problem is usually either that the hair toy is too fragile and/or has little snaggy bits on it, or that it's just flat-out too small for my hair, but I can't tell without taking it out of the packaging.

Plus there was the time I bought a set of those "as seen on TV" hair combs, and it turned out that every tine of the comb and every space between the beads caught in my hair and wouldn't come out, and the teeth got all bent out of shape and the elastic snapped . . . cheap and too small.

may the forks be with you faellen's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I love fake flowers, rhinestones and other bling in my hair! Lol! A bit girly, me

The only trend that I dislike somewhat is this:

Hairbands which go around the forehead. I just don't like how it looks. (I found this pic on a blog under the title, "Let's abolish the forehead band once and for all!", hence the red cross through it Good to know I'm not the only one!)

This isn't a hair toy but I'm very annoyed at Pantene commercials that show hair flowing in slow motion and the hair is so shiny and perfect that I don't think it is real. If they were showing hair like that during a car commercial that would be different, but it's a commercial for hair care products so they are saying that you can have hair like this if you use their product. Those hair shots just can't be real, it's touched up somehow. OK, end of rant. Sorry and thank you.
    I hate those commercials. I don't like perfection.

Cold and rainy Sotra in Norway the land of trolls.
    Length
    Chin/Thigh/Calf
    Type
    1a/M/C/iii

I sort of like hippie headband style, if the rest of the person's outfit and appearance fit with it.

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

My husband saw one of those commercials once and turned to me and said, "Why don't you make your hair like that?" I had to glower at him until he slunk away in shame...just kidding. In reality, I was so flabbergasted that he would suggest such a thing that I couldn't even begin to explain to him why my hair couldn't possibly ever look that way. I settled for, "It'd be too expensive," which shut him up since he's cheap, lol.