Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Hair Toy Trends that Annoy You

Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Hair Toy Trends that Annoy You

Quote Originally Posted by MsBubbles View Post
    Shock! Your have the same hair type as me and you got banana clips to work?

I bow to your superior updo skills.

Although thinking about it, I might have been able to get those to stay put with hairspray
    My hair type is like yours as well and I can get banana clips to work. Granted banana clips are supposed to be one of the first things you can do after a ponytail and I had to wait until I was half-way past shoulder and on my way to APL, but eventually.

Now french twists. Those are beyond me. I cannot make those work.
    ~Lady Menrva of the Cat-Kept Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights~
    Chin
    ~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBA~Waist~Tailbone~Classic

Once and Future Long-Hair XcaliburGirl's Avatar
    Length
    23/27.5/CL 44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by DaniVerde View Post
    Disclaimer: English is not my first language.

I saw these "Bumpits" mentioned for the first time in my life in this thread....I read the word, puzzled over it a bit, and then I must confess that I wondered what the heck "Bum-pits" were! I mean, how does a bum have a pit, and why would one want one for their hair? Armpits, I know, Knee-pits as well...but Bum-pits? Never!

Then I googled. I feel silly now
    Ha ha! Yes, I can certainly see why you would think that. They really need a hyphen in that brand name.
    I want to finally get back to Classic. Growing again starting March 2018.

Length
    15"/25"/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Oh man, who remembers these horrible things? http://www.amazon.com/Caravan-Circle...6067838&sr=8-9

What the heck is it even called? The toothy circle headband of doom? Certain headache? Someone gave me one of those with little rhinestones on it for Christmas I think. That was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Coan-Teen View Post
    My hair type is like yours as well and I can get banana clips to work. Granted banana clips are supposed to be one of the first things you can do after a ponytail and I had to wait until I was half-way past shoulder and on my way to APL, but eventually.

Now french twists. Those are beyond me. I cannot make those work.
    Maybe my banana clip was just really cheap, or totally the wrong size. No. It's probably my lack of skill .

And to stop my hair from escaping out of a French Twist like a jar of toy snakes, I have to be working with damp or oiled hair.

Once and Future Long-Hair XcaliburGirl's Avatar
    Length
    23/27.5/CL 44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by nerdymomma View Post
    Oh man, who remembers these horrible things? http://www.amazon.com/Caravan-Circle...6067838&sr=8-9

What the heck is it even called? The toothy circle headband of doom? Certain headache? Someone gave me one of those with little rhinestones on it for Christmas I think. That was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
    Actually, I used that for a period of time in my pre-ponytail phase around jaw length. I had to be very careful with putting it on and taking it off, but it's actually pretty comfortable. I wouldn't use it with long hair, though, too much tangle potential. I would be afraid to use one with rhinestones, they seem catchy.
    I want to finally get back to Classic. Growing again starting March 2018.

Length
    SL/TBL/Class
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I actually like the sparkly stuff and feather fascinators too. I normally don't wear feathers in my hair for everyday occasions, but I wear my rhinestone fakkare quite often.

What annoys me are the really tiny barrettes or jaw clips that won't even hold a few strands of hair. I guess they are supposed to be decorative, but if they are so small I can't use them for a 1/4 or 1/2 up, what's their use?

Also tiaras! I seriously don't understand that trend (especially for weddings).
    May 2017
    Lady Rhoslynn Of Two Wheeled Thunder~Order of the Long Haired Knights

I like flower and rhinestones and the models I see with them in in magazines but I couldn't pull it off. I already look 16

ON MY WAY TO WAIST

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
    What annoys me are the really tiny barrettes or jaw clips that won't even hold a few strands of hair. I guess they are supposed to be decorative, but if they are so small I can't use them for a 1/4 or 1/2 up, what's their use?
    Oh! I have found that these little things are the only things that'll hold a bun up on my head comfortably. I only have a few strands to hold up though . I can wear my Ficcare once or twice a week but since it's anchored in only one place (as opposed to the tiny claw clips that are distributed on the outside of my bun), they pull and tug my hair and scalp like crazy. Must be a finest of fine hair thing. My hair's not thick enough to support anything much bigger.

Length
    SL/TBL/Class
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MsBubbles View Post
    Oh! I have found that these little things are the only things that'll hold a bun up on my head comfortably. I only have a few strands to hold up though . I can wear my Ficcare once or twice a week but since it's anchored in only one place (as opposed to the tiny claw clips that are distributed on the outside of my bun), they pull and tug my hair and scalp like crazy. Must be a finest of fine hair thing. My hair's not thick enough to support anything much bigger.
    I've never tried the multiple small claw clips on the outside of a bun, actually. I wonder if it would hold my hair well. I understand the point about the ficcare being anchored in only one spot and it tugging. I get that as well sometimes.
    May 2017
    Lady Rhoslynn Of Two Wheeled Thunder~Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    pixie/clssc/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/i

MsBubbles, you're not alone. As a child of the eighties I tried and tried and tried to get banana clips to work in my hair but no matter how carefully my youthful agonized self placed them those darned banana clips forsake me. And i would be lost without those teeny tiny clips - anything larger and the hair slides right out.
    avatar image from Blondine and Bonne-Biche by Virginia Frances Sterrett