Thread: So many shampoos! Help!

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default So many shampoos! Help!

Hi Everyone. I am looking for a simple, gentle, sulfate-free, protein free shampoo that I can find in a regular store like Walgreens or online at Drugstore.com. When I look up shampoos online and read the ingredients I will find one without sulfates, but then there will be protein in it. I don't really need extracts of this and that, I'm just going to dilute it and shampoo for a few seconds and rinse, twice. It doesn't have to be fancy and organic. Something like old fashioned Prell would be good except it has sulfates and I'm going sulfate free, oh yeah and cone free too. I'd rather add cones as needed by using one of my conditioners. I've been looking up shampoos for weeks, maybe months and I'm overwhelmed. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you very much in advance!
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    buzz/MBL/term
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: So many shampoos! Help!

I'd go through this list starting at the top and working my way down, checking for protein.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...3&postcount=51
    HTH

Toadstool shampoo has a very simple ingredient list, have you looked into that? Can't buy it in a regular store though.
    2c, average and healthy black platinum hair, MBL
    My hair loves stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, protein, preening, oils, and plopping
    My hair hates distearyldimonium chloride, quaternium-87, phenoxyethanol, brushes

Length
    buzz/MBL/term
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I found one: Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Hair Shampoo. Not the simplest ingredient list, but I don't see any sulfates or protein or cones.
    2c, average and healthy black platinum hair, MBL
    My hair loves stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, protein, preening, oils, and plopping
    My hair hates distearyldimonium chloride, quaternium-87, phenoxyethanol, brushes

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by earthnut View Post
    I found one: Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Hair Shampoo. Not the simplest ingredient list, but I don't see any sulfates or protein or cones.
    Thank you earthnut! I've been looking through your other list, which is so complete and helpful. This Elasta one looks pretty good to me, I'm thinking I'll try it. What a weird name, I like it though because the company didn't spend millions on marketing to come up with a slick name like "Le Me Has Thirsty Fried Hair Tangles" or something silly. Thanks earthnut, I can sleep tonight with thoughts of a Walgreen's trip tomorrow to buy my new shampoo. Of course I'll smell it first when noone is looking!
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights