Thread: Ficcare/Ficarrissimo question

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Ficcare/Ficarrissimo question

I have ONE Ficcare, a large Maxima. I am looking into a second Ficcare and am having trouble deciding what to buy next. I am intersted in the Ficcarissimo style but they never show a side shot of those, so I can see the gap/speace for the hair. I even tried googling it and while I found some almost side shots, I have yet to see one.

All I want to know is if the large Ficcarissimo will hold the same amount of hair as the Maxima
    Last edited by WaitingSoLong; April 28th, 2012 at 06:30 PM.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Ficcare/Ficarrissimo question

Short answer; no. It holds slightly less. Good for folded braids, fig 8s, and flatter styles for me, but not big bulbous buns like the Maximas. If the Reviews section decides to work, here's a side view photo.

Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Thanks for the picture! And the info. Hmm...what to do...

FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

They have a bit smaller gap, but on me they hold exactly the same styles as the Maximas. Granted, I don't use either style for buns, so it depends what you are after. The Ficcarissimo shape actually holds even better for log rolls on me since it is more symmetrical.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    12"/waist/long
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I agree with Chromis. When I want a guaranteed rock-solid hold I use my Ficarissimo. It seems to be more balanced than the Maximas.
    Zuigan Gen Osho called to himself every day, "Master!" and answered, "Yes, sir!" Then he would say, "Be wide awake!" and answer, "Yes, sir!" "Henceforward, never be deceived by others!" "No, I won't!"
    http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...se/wavy006.jpg

Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Chromis View Post
    The Ficcarissimo shape actually holds even better for log rolls on me since it is more symmetrical.
    This is why I was wanting a Ficcarissimo. Symmetry. I mainly hold infinity buns and gibralters with my Ficcare. Sometimes a nautilus but that is generally too large for the clip. I dislike folded braids.

It is the color that is holding me up. What I want does not exist LOL. I like the primavera design.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Fully closed, they hold slightly less volume. When my hair was more tapered, I could comfortably wear a large Ficcarissimo but found that the Maximas clip was too large (after some extended length-maintaining, both are now completely comfortable and have been for a few years). However, they open up a lot, so I think most people with ii hair won't ever find a point where a Maximas holds their hair but a Ficcarissimo does not.

I also tend to prefer the shape, both for the balance of it and because the bottom jaw is narrower. It displaces less hair when inserted like a stick than the jaw of a Maximas does, which makes it considerably more comfortable for me.
    Last edited by Anje; April 30th, 2012 at 09:47 AM.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I wondered if the bottom jaw was the same! I noticed the ficcarissimos have two sets of teeth instead of one like the maximas.

At any rate, my husband thinks the ficcarissimos are ugly. LOL. So I am not going to get one at this time.