2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Your latest hair discovery!

I love flexi-8's!

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

not that recent a discovery, but converting to CO had the biggest impact on my hair - keeps it lovely and soft, moisturised and manageble. A close second has to be coconut oil, use it on hair and body and it's so adaptable

Just letting it grow ravenheather's Avatar
    Length
    16/23/Term
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Water only is really helping me stretch washes. I've been using it inbetween my 2xs a week 'poo. I think I'm going to try to go for 1 x /week with wo in between.

Going for terminal, but also enjoying wearing my hair down and curly.

Length
    Shldr/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

WO scalp washes inbetween CO washes. And the pencil bun held with a three prong hairfork. Holds like a rock <3

Length
    1/34.6"/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ravenheather View Post
    Water only is really helping me stretch washes. I've been using it inbetween my 2xs a week 'poo. I think I'm going to try to go for 1 x /week with wo in between.
    I wonder if this isn't counter productive to stretching washes? The #1 reason to stretch washes as I understand it is because hair is most fragile and very prone to get damaged when it's wet. With daily WO you still get it wet every day so the potential to get damaged is still there.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 CL 15 16 17 18 SL 20 21 22 23 APL 25 26 27 BSL 28 29 30 31 32 WL 34 35 36 HL 38 39 40 TB

Just letting it grow ravenheather's Avatar
    Length
    16/23/Term
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MinderMutsig View Post
    I wonder if this isn't counter productive to stretching washes? The #1 reason to stretch washes as I understand it is because hair is most fragile and very prone to get damaged when it's wet. With daily WO you still get it wet every day so the potential to get damaged is still there.
    True but for me stretching washes is a process. I used to shampoo every day. My hair is slightly oily, but it is getting better. I also don't wo every day just as needed. I have thin fine hair and don't like running around looking greasy. For me the point of stretching washes is also less products. My hair is also only sl right now, so we're not talking about really long fragile hair.

Going for terminal, but also enjoying wearing my hair down and curly.

Length
    APL/Hip/BCL
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii/iii

Retread conditioner from Lush! I only used it when rinsing out my henna but now I use it every wash and my hair is so soft and easy to detangle. Also, no-heat curling methods (sock curls, headband curls).

Length
    1/34.6"/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ravenheather View Post
    True but for me stretching washes is a process. I used to shampoo every day. My hair is slightly oily, but it is getting better. I also don't wo every day just as needed. I have thin fine hair and don't like running around looking greasy. For me the point of stretching washes is also less products. My hair is also only sl right now, so we're not talking about really long fragile hair.
    Oh I definitely think WO is better than shampoo everyday. I kind of forgot about shampoo because I haven't used it in ages.

Have you tried putting a little conditioner on the ends after a WO wash? May as well make the best of it if you're washing anyway.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 CL 15 16 17 18 SL 20 21 22 23 APL 25 26 27 BSL 28 29 30 31 32 WL 34 35 36 HL 38 39 40 TB

Length
    Apl/Bsl+/Waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

1. Zizyphus: loves how it makes my hair feel (you know, after I spend like an hour washing it out)

2. Using a 3 braided tassle to get perfect braidwaves all the way down to my hair. I'm loving it!
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WAIST-HIP
    **Almost there!!!**