Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you guys like fructis? pros, cons?

Default Do you guys like fructis? pros, cons?

Sooo, I've been using Pureology shampoo for almost a year now (seems to last forever, haha) and now a Redken conditioner. I tried a Pureology conditioner too, but I think this brand was too "weak" for me. I mainly use the shampoo cause other brands give me some sort of sebum build up i think. (like i can scratch off big chunks of sebum right after washing) anyyyway, My pureology shampoo is almost empty now and I will be using a Burt's bees baby shampo/shower gel (just to rinse the lenghts a bit), however, instead of Redken I've gotten a Fructis conditioner.

I see a of you people mention Fructis, and I looove the smell!! I checked the ingredients and at first, it seemed Fructis and Redken share the main ingredients, but then it just goes into a blur of chemical names, haha. Is Fructis any "harshes" on the hair than, say Redken or other supposedly "good" brands? I've still got some Redken left, and I'm a bit wary of Fructis, I dunno why...maybe I've spoiled myself. But then I see all you guys with faboulous hair, and I see Fructis is mentioned often.

What are your experiences on the Fructis conditioner?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Do you guys like fructis? pros, cons?

I'm a fan of the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition (or GFTN as it's called here). They did change their formula recently from coneless to a coneconditioner. But I have no problems with cones, anyway. I can't compare it to anything Redken as I've never tried anything from that line. The GFTN is very thick and nourishing / moisturizing.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Shldr/MBL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I'm not a fan - for some reason it makes my hair *sticky*. But I know a lot of people love it.
    We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. --Winston Churchil

is a daily washer :D nobeltonya's Avatar
    Length
    10"/36.5"/48"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

The only thing I've been using from GF is their leave-in conditioner cream, Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth. I prefer the 3-day sleek over the new formula, b/c it smells more like apples [and paired with my apricot shampoo, smells fantastic]. I love the smell, and it seems to help significantly reduce tangles, since I keep my hair down a lot.. the only thing I don't like about using it is that it makes my hair stiff while it's drying [until completely dry and I flip it over and shake it out...]. Once dry, it's great. Maybe I'm using too much?....

I have been considering cutting up to waist lately :O It is currently just above TB, b/c I keep trimming it...
    2a/b / M/C / ii. Low porosity.

Length
    shldr/tlbn/fgrtp
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I used their leave in conditioner and it just made my hair sticky and waxy feeling...
    Even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like day. Search me, God, and know my heart...And lead me in the way everlasting. -Psalm 139

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I loved GFTN conditioner so much before they reformulated it. It was heavy and I could skip leave-in conditioner afterwards, which for me is really unusual. Sometimes I didn't even need a drop of oil the day after, either. It's the only Garnier Fructis product I've liked, others I've tried in the past have been strangely sticky; one conditioner many moons ago left a gummy feeling, which caused no end of tangles. They're very hit and miss, but for me the old formula of GFTN it was very, very much a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I'm a fan of the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition (or GFTN as it's called here). They did change their formula recently from coneless to a coneconditioner. But I have no problems with cones, anyway.
    Do be aware, that's not the only thing about it they changed. Apparently they've added isopropyl alcohol too.

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post

Do be aware, that's not the only thing about it they changed. Apparently they've added isopropyl alcohol too.
    I noticed that too! My hair was drier than normal after I used the new formula. One thing to keep in mind though, for a rinse-out conditioner, it's fine to have isopropyl alcohol as long as it is one of the last few ingredients. In the new Garnier Triple Nutrition, it was one of the middle/front ones--not cool.

My new conditioner, Tresemme Naturals, has isopropyl alcohol as its second to last ingredient, and it works dandy. Almost makes me over Garnier... almost.

I'm curious to try a GF conditioner, too. Especially since they have amodimethicone.
    2a / M&C / iii

Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyAH View Post
    I'm not a fan - for some reason it makes my hair *sticky*. But I know a lot of people love it.
    Actually, it makes my hair sticky too! And the shampoo made my scalp itch after a while so I stopped using it all.
    Lady Nemhain, Keeper of the Underworld Halls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL - 2a/2b - F - i

Hmmm interesting. I've had some "stickty" feeling conditioners too back in the days. So maybe that'll happen to me aswell, however, I use babyoil afterwards, so maybe that'll make it..non-sticky? XD hmm. i'm a bit wary to try, haha.