Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you guys like fructis? pros, cons?

Length
    Chin/Waist/TB?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/i/ii

Default Re: Do you guys like fructis? pros, cons?

I just got a little tester for a new GF Product: GF Hot Volume conditioner. It's cone free, but works best with heat treatment (blow drying) afterwards. I tried it, since I often blowdry just my roots and then leave the rest to airdry and OMG. I have the most lifeless, volumeless roots in the world and it really gave them a lift! the first day it looked amazing. The second day I wore my hair in a braid all day and slept in that braid, too. The third day I *Still* had lovely volume on top and nice waves at the bottom from the braid day inbetween! I don't know whether this will be a Germany-only product and when it's actually coming out, but I am tempted to get a bottle to alternate with my GF Colour Protection conditioner. I am only slightly weary because I find that often the product in testers works better than the product you then get in the full size product. Is that just me?
    A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise; a morning filled with 400 billion suns, the rising of the milky way.
    Chin - Shoulder - APL- BSL - Waist - Who knows?

Length
    2/29/30
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Laylah View Post
    I used their leave in conditioner and it just made my hair sticky and waxy feeling...
    Yup. I really don't like this brand. I used to have their shampoo and it caused horrible scalp acne. Recently I got their Pure Shine Conditioner to use as my second CO conditioner. It left my hair waxy and sticky. I'll never buy anything from that brand again.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better. (S. Beckett)

Length
    chin/apl+/elbow
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I used Fructis shampoo and conditioner a while back but I always had to switch after a while because my hair felt really heavy and lifeless. Not dull or sticky or anything. It just didn't feel right.
    shoulder - apl - bsl - WAIST - elbow
    Calaelen rocks my socks

Length
    Chin/Waist/TB?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/i/ii

Just checked again and it's not a conditioner I tried, it's a shampoo. http://www.garnier.de/_de/_de/our_pr...TIS_VOLUME_48H this one!
    A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise; a morning filled with 400 billion suns, the rising of the milky way.
    Chin - Shoulder - APL- BSL - Waist - Who knows?

Length
    28 in/29 in/term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

My hair got super limp, thin and stringy with their sleek-straight line. I promptly threw it out not halfway through the bottle on each. I gave it a good honest try for about six weeks.

Not sure about their other stuff though. To me they are loaded with the "fruit waxes" and they just coat my hair.
    BSL/waist-----> Waist -----> TB -----> Classic -----> As long as God gives me throughout my lifetime =) It is a gift afterall <3

Oh, the humidity! woolyleprechaun's Avatar
    Length
    1inch/38/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I just cant stomach the smell of any of the fructis things. They are probably totaly different from when I last used them (Back in the nineties now, I think) but its put me off for life. Plus, I hate the bottles, they are just WEIRD. Its like the people at the company all sat down and said 'Normal bottles work fine, so lets find a way of doing something mad and senseless to them to irk a few people. You know, prise their fingernails off'.
    Now measuring in at 37 inches, or BCL. Classic by Christmas '15 is a real possibility! Yeah, that's my clothes horse in the pic. I'm that glam.
    Lady Maurelle of the Soggy Nation

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I love Fructis, it's one of my favourite haircare brands! I just love how my hair looks & feels after it, especially the conditioners (but them my hair loves cones), and the smell isn't bad either... Their ingredients are among the best of all "supermarket brands".

Type
    1b/M/iii

Like a lot of the others who've commented, Fructis products always seem to make my hair heavy and sticky. I really wanted to love them because of the Long & Strong line, but they just weren't for me. My hair really likes Herbal Essences instead.

Length
    APL/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Angry Re: Do you guys like fructis? pros, cons?

I also had really waxy, nasty build up on my hair after using Garnier products in general.

Length
    BSL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by BrunetteElf View Post
    I also had really waxy, nasty build up on my hair after using Garnier products in general.
    same here.
    Lady Lostariel Of the Flowers, In The Order of the Long Haired Knights