I have Jamila Henna, 2011 and I want to do a hendigo gloss. I've only done Lush Caca Brun henna in the past, so this is my first attempt with powdered henna and indigo.

I know you are supposed to mix your henna and wait for dye release, then mix your indigo and use it pretty much right away.

So with the Jamila, I've read in different places that this batch had fast release (one person reported immediate release!) and slow release. Do you just test it, like every hour? If it takes way longer or shorter than expected, how do you plan your day around that? I can see doing this on a day off, but if you mix it in the morning and want to get it in and out before bedtime, what happens if it takes 12 hrs. to release?

Next question: At what point can you freeze it? If you freeze before dye release, does the freezing process "create" release, like if you then defrost it, is it ready?

And last: Is the release time consistant - like if it takes 4 hours the first time I use this Jamila powder, can I count on it taking 4 hours the next time? Does the dye release time change as the powders get older and less fresh?

Thanks for any advice (: