Thread: Henna Gloss with Oils?

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Henna Gloss with Oils?

Has anyone tried a henna gloss with some oil added to replace some of the conditioner? If conditioners have additives that promote absorption and I add some coconut oil to the mix, that would be good right? I'm probably going to try it anyway but I would like to hear any experiences others have had with henna glosses. I have about 1/4 cup of henna paste in the freezer so I'm going to try a gloss tomorrow. The paste is part henna, part cassia and maybe hibiscus (don't remember, maybe I should add gingko!) Another thought I had is to add castor oil. So many options, I just love mixing up a brew! Any ideas, warnings, experiences to share?
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Default Re: Henna Gloss with Oils?

I would say go ahead and do it. A gloss is lighter in the color that u will get anyway so it won't hurt to add more oil. Good luck

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

I made my henna gloss with some coconut oil added to it and it was very moisturizing. It might have been just as wonderful with just the conditioner but just in case anyone wants to try it I can say it works very well. The conditioner I used is V05 Tea Therapy Raspberry and Sage and the scent worked great combined with the henna.
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Glad to hear it was a successful experience for you. Henna is very strong stuff

Length
    APL/BSL+/Term.
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Anyone have any idea what I could use instead of cassia in a henna gloss? I'm allergic to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittykins View Post
    Anyone have any idea what I could use instead of cassia in a henna gloss? I'm allergic to it.
    U Can just use conditioner and dilute your henna with it as much as you would like.

Length
    APL/BSL+/Term.
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Awesome. Thanks.

Length
    27/42.5/46
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kittykins View Post
    As far as I know, Cassia is the only herb that acts like henna without giving additional color. If you're looking to get a lighter color from the henna, maybe increase the amount of conditioner in the gloss? You might also try adding some Amla--although it really tones down the red color that you get with henna, which might not be what you want. The henna thread might have some better ideas than I do!
    27 28 29(WST) 32 (HIP) 36 (TBL) 37 38 39 40 41 42 (CLSC) 43 44 45 46 47 48 (FTL) 49 50 51 52 53 54 (KNEE)

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Make sure you're not allergic to henna before you use it!