Page 282 of 1617 FirstFirst ... 1822322722802812822832842923323827821282 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 16164

Thread: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Length
    APL?/TBL/100cm
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: How persistent were you growing out dye?

I chose the "few months and going strong" since that's my current situation. I have been dye free for almost 5 months now and have no problem with my roots since they're not so very different from my dye color.
    However I have grown out dye before. I believe I started growing out the dye in late 2006 or sometime in 2007 and dyed again in the spring of 2009 I believe, so atleast two years of not dyeing and I didn't even realise it except from pictures later. I just had stopped dyeing and that was it.
    Now I wish I had never started dyeing again, but I'm kind of glad that I got my fair share of playing with colors. I may still temporarily dye with semi-permanent or other colors that will wash off, but I will try to keep away from permanent colors forever.

Hip ---- BCL -- TBL -- 100 cm of hair!
    Growing my virgin roots since the end of 2011. Maintaining at TBL+ in 2015!

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Bleaching is very common around here. I sometimes make a game of trying to find virgin heads of hair when I am out.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Grew out dye (about 2 years) and later a perm (2,5 years). Had to get my hair cut back to chin the first time, and to BSL with the perm. Past waist now.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/M/ii

Growing semi-permanent dyes since December 2010, still going strong. The black has faded for the most part and the only way I can tell where my virgin hair is at is from my growing bangs (chin length). But I can tell a difference in the quality of my hair and I am actually enjoying my natural colour so I am definitely still strong

Length
    10"/17"/24"
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by just_ace View Post
    It has taken nearly 2 years, but I have finally snipped off the last of my bleach:

Sorry for the poor photo quality, my camera battery was dead. But I am looking forward to growing without having to worry about the damage
    Wow, it looks so healthy and gorgeous. The ends look so thick and blunt and the color is perfect with your skin tone.

Length
    SL/TBL/Class
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Oops I voted incorrectly. I successfully grew out red/golden hair dye from April 2009 to September 2011. I have all virgin color now

I found it much easier once my virgin color was to my ears and I could just put it all back in a bun and forget about it.
    May 2017
    Lady Rhoslynn Of Two Wheeled Thunder~Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3b/F/ii

Umm, well I failed...
    I had my length dyed to match my roots and left it alone for 8 months. I just don't like my natural color. The dye matched perfectly. It really did. At first it was a bit dark, but it faded to match really well. I didn't have growing out issues, just that the color wasn't blonde enough for me. It wasn't a one time thought either, I seriously considered dying it back to blonde 6 or 7 times since then.

I used henna in October (wanting to go blonde ), then buxus/indigo to hide the henna. My hair got very dark, I color oopsed it out.

I'll be getting blonde highlights in about 2 weeks. I plan to go back to blonde gradually.
    It's what I like.

Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL-Waist?-Hip-Tailbone--GOALOn to classic?

Length
    12/29.5/31
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I think colouring hair is very much the norm here too. I love spotting virgin heads of hair when I'm out and about, they always look so nice and it's inspiration for me to keep growing and keep avoiding the bleach!
    Avatar picture taken on the 1st May 2012, length=17".

Length
    BSL/BSL/nfnty
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

My roots have finally reached about ear length. Woo! I think it looks much better now because it gives my hair a natural body and texture around my hairline, things were looking kinda wacky when the hair framing my face was crunchy.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

I started growing out bleach when I joined LHC and stuck with it, not regretting doing so for my hair is so much healthier and thicker now.
    To anyone doing so - stick with the root re-growth (I wore hats and scarfs a lot )for once it hits your ears it's easy to hide in a bun.