Thread: Forehead Circlet on the wedding day

Length
    28/CL+/???
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default Forehead Circlet on the wedding day

I didn't know where to write this too. It kinda part of the hairstyle thing? So let it be here...

Anyway i need an advice from you ladies! I will have a light silver forehead circlet on our wedding day. The hairstyle will be mostly up with curls and braids, and some of the lower hair will be free and curcled.

Anyway my hairdresser is all excited about making this hairstyle, but today i talked with my makeup artist and she made me feel confused. Makeup artist had never seen anyone wearing a circlet for the wedding before ( which could be the reason of her been so worried ), she said she would rather see the circlet worn on the hairline and not forehead. She said that she afread that the circlet with leave marks and take off the makeup. I personally not going to take circlet off untill wedding is all come and gone and time to bed, so some marks do not matter.

So anyone had worn a circlet at any event ? What are your experiences ? If anyone have any advice, i will be really happy to hear!

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Forehead Circlet on the wedding day

Sorry that I have no advice (yet ) but I wanted to tell you that it is an amazing idea and I will wear a circlet for my wedding too. LHC inspired me to do so
    If you assume (correctly, I think) that any possible marks won't be visible anyway since you'll keep the circlet all the time till the end, wear it as everyone here wears it, at the forehead. It may not even fit at the hairline, I mean it may be falling down or something...
    Even IF any marks will be visible, you can do little touch ups but I don't believe that such details will be visible.
    Have a beautiful wedding day

ETA:
    I know, I know! SwordWomanRiona wears circlets sometimes. She has some photos in her album. Maybe go and ask her

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I haven't work a circlet, but I would recommend doing a test-run with some makeup on your forehead and the circlet (or something similar if you don't want to wear it yet). See if it rubs off and/or leaves marks.

I would guess that if the makeup is the same color as your skin there shouldn't be much of a problem if a tiny bit gets rubbed off.

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...

Length
    26/54/56
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

First of all, it may help her to see some pictures of other brides wearing circlets, so she has a good idea of what you're talking about. Medieval Bridal Fashions is where I'll most likely be getting my own wedding circlet, and that page has a lot of pictures of real brides wearing their circlets. Camias Designs also has plenty of pictures of brides, but the pictures tend to be smaller/lower quality.

Second of all, I've never had a professionally-made circlet, so I'm not sure what sort of marks they'd leave. Probably not much of one, if any. The ones I make for myself (example) usually end up with one or two wires that are tighter than the others - maybe because I do full circlets rather than forehead circlets? - so I get one or two small marks, but these are only visible if/when I move the circlet and they aren't uncomfortable at all.

If you or she are overly worried about it, though, take Anywhere's advice and do a test-run. Don some makeup, wear the circlet for a few hours, and see if any changes or adjustments need to be made. In fact, you should probably do that anyway, just to get used to it. The first hour I wore my first circlet, I kept wanting to move it around, going cross-eyed trying to look at it, and so on; but after a few hours I almost forgot it was there.

Length
    28/42.5/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

I recommend doing a trial run, too, just to see if any make-up will smear on the circlet and how the circlet + make-up react to sweating. Get some photos taken to get an impression of how it will look like (e.g. how visible any stains are). Maybe show your make-up artist the circlet and its material so she knows what she's dealing with. If she has never seen a bride wearing a circlet, she might have a wrong image of what you're actually talking about.

And: I just clicked on your blog and wanted to let you know that I can so relate to the hairstyle and dress doubts *hugs* I wore my dress in January for the last time and although I got photos taken, I still worry if some other dress (that I also have photos of) would not have been the better choice. Plus I don't have suitable undergarments yet. I'm still experimenting with the hairstyle...
    ...procrastinating the new signature...

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I'd leave the makeup off my forehead. With the circlet, I wouldn't need it.